Combined Level 5 TEFL Course in Australia and New Zealand

TEFL Graduate Brings Magic to the Classroom
TEFL Graduate Brings Magic to the Classroom
Graduate of The TEFL Academy Enjoying the Travel Lifestyle
Graduate of The TEFL Academy Enjoying the Travel Lifestyle

At the TEFL Academy we only offer one course because we want all our students to have the best access to global TEFL opportunities. Our course leads to a Level 5 TEFL Certificate (168 hours), regulated by Ofqual (UK) and the DEAC (US) so itโ€™s certified by 2 government bodies!

This course is delivered with potential employers in mind. Some employers are more in favor of "in class" as opposed to purely online, our case gives you the best of both worlds! 20 hours in the classroom + an additional 148 hours of online study. This course will give you the confidence in your teaching as well as a competitive edge.

From the 20-hour class room component you will gain a solid understanding of the fundamentals of TEFL as well as gaining the confidence to teach while learning from your fellow students!

• Internationally recognised
  • Qualifies you to apply for paid & volunteer internships
  • Specialist grammar unit
  • Free top-up course
  • Instant access on enrollment

We've got four, yes FOUR new course locations in North America!

๐Ÿ‘‰ Washington DC

• Academic Rigor 8.8
  • Job Assistance 7.6
Giulia

A Great Course

With the TEFL Academy course I acquired a lot of new information, techiques and methods to apply on my future career as English teacher for foreigners.
I recommend this course to anyone interested in languages and teaching.
I am an Italian teacher for foreigners, I did all of my studies in Italy and our educational system is focused more on theorical things (that is good, as you have a strong base and a good knowledge of many topics), but with the Anglo - Saxon system I explored the practical side of this job. I have to say that both things combined are great.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Definitely the IPA table! If you don't know what's that just check it out and take your own conclusions Eh Eh
Chee

Perth level 5 TEFL course

The course was great and fun, covering all aspects that is needed to be known by a TEFL instructor! I made friends which share the same goals as me though we have a totally different background and age. It will be interesting to see the TEFL Academy posting videos about the alumni's oversea experiences in different country so that the freshies will be better prepared, knowing what the seniors had been through. Overall, it was a great experience and i can't wait to embark on this new journey of mine after graduating with my degree this year!

I would hope that the practical classroom lessons were longer so that i could gained the full experience of a teaching english in a practical environment.
Matthew

TEFL course

The TEFL course provided was of excellent quality. The 20 hours of face to face teaching was fun, engaging and of high standard. My teacher was great and I felt that I learnt many skills about classroom management and teaching in that time. The online course content was challenging and the assignments and tests linked in well with the all the material. I found the staff at the TEFL academy always available to answer questions and help direct me throughout the course. Overall I would recommend this course for anyone looking to learn about teaching English.

I would have liked more specific feedback for written assignments.
William

New beginnings

I started this course with no real idea about how to teach people correctly, whether I wanted to teach or whether in fact I had any abilities to teach at all.

I did a few of the units before attending the weekend session, and found that this helped with the group work as it gave you a good idea of what you needed to achieve. After doing the weekend course I found it really helped me to complete the first assignment.
It also gave a good insight into what you would actually be teaching and important aspects of teaching that you don't really know about through doing the online course alone.
After this, I completed the rest of the units, but also I procrastinated for a while and then realised I only had 30 days to complete the 2 remaining assignments and get them marked(stupid idea!!).
I did manage to pass, with a merit in the end, so I was really happy about that and in doing so it has really encouraged me to look for work as an EFL teacher abroad.....the only thing I have yet to decide is where!!

I think I would a monthly type email, saying how long you have spent on the programme, how much you have left and how long you have left to complete it. I only gave a 6 in two instances as I hadn't used the required services so could not give good or bad feedback.
Bronwyn

Would Recommend!

The TEFL Academy Level 5 course was excellent. The learning material was clear and engaging, and noticeably practiced what it preached (review and revision, different kinds of exercises etc). The assignments were suitably challenging and really made you use everything you have learnt in order to create relevant teaching material. The assignment topics were interesting and varied. The support from the TEFL Academy was great, they're flexible and helpful. The in classroom days were interesting and allowed a lot of practice which definitely helped boost confidence in my teaching abilities. It's great for making connections and learning about opportunities abroad.
I've already recommended this course to others and will continue to do so! I can't wait to get out there and teach!

What was your funniest moment?
Trying to learn Hungarian! (our in classroom component teacher is a Hungarian who has lived in NZ for years).
I'll never forget Brad and Angelina!