Multiple Locations +2

Certifications
TEFL
Weekly Classroom Hours

Pricing

The prices differ depending on what country you are doing your TEFL course in, so please check on the website for accurate information depending on your location.
What's Not Included
Some Accommodation Activities Some Activities Airfare Domestic Airfare Airport Transfers Meals Some Meals SIM cards Transportation Travel Insurance Visa Wifi
Nov 16, 2022
Aug 25, 2021
3 travelers are looking at this program

Our Combined Level 5 TEFL Certificate (168 hours) is regulated by Ofqual (UK) and approved by the DEAC (US), so has official recognition from 2 government recognized bodies! This makes all the difference when applying for jobs.

This course is delivered with potential employers in mind. Some employers are more in favor of "in class" as opposed to purely online, our case gives you the best of both worlds! 10 hours in the classroom + an additional 158 hours of online study. This course will give you the confidence in your teaching as well as a competitive edge.

From the 10-hour class room component you will gain a solid understanding of the fundamentals of TEFL as well as gaining the confidence to teach while learning from your fellow students!

Program Highlights

• Academic Rigor 4.35
  • Job Assistance 4.35
Suriani

TEFL Academy in AUS

A very informative and thorough course that covers all the knowledge and skills needed to teach English. A lot of tips and strategies to create an engaging classroom environment and interactive lessons. The assignments were appropriately challenging to test your understanding, and if unsure, the support provided by the academy was swift and helpful. It's overall a great course to fit into your other commitments, and would definitely recommend it if you're looking into teaching abroad or tutor young students.

When they updated Assignment A, they should have made the updated version easier to access.
William

TEFL Level 5 Course

This was a well assembled course and perfect for learning at your own pace. I have two young school aged kids, work more than full time hours running my own optometry practice, manage a successful online side hustle, and I was able to complete this course in five months chipping away at it on average one to two days a week over this time. The course material was presented in a logical manner and has many practical elements to test understanding. The content was stimulating and the backend team were very responsive to any tickets generated for support. The assignments were structured to ensure that once completed, students would be adept in running an actual class regardless of age group, demographic or ethnic backgrounds of EFL learners. One aspect which I found slightly challenging was having multiple windows opened to go between various sections of the course looking for information. If there was one thing that could be improved, that would be having a keyword search which would take you directly to the correct Unit and Part, as much of my time during the assignments was spent scouring the material to look for particular content. Overall though, I would happily recommend this course to anyone who wishes to become an EFL teacher.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Deep fried grasshoppers in Mexico! I can't remember which city I was in, but the thing that made it more palatable was the fact it was also spicy.
Shirley

Good Course

I enjoyed the course, it was self-paced and allowed for 6 months to complete. The course content was informative and resourceful. Some units were definitely easier than others which had a lot of information.
I felt that the assignments were initially difficult because there was not a lot of guidance, however, later assignments did provide more examples and along with feedback from the initial assignment did help.
I think the order of the units was well thought out and the course did include lots of links and resources for future use.

I would do the in person course where I could engage with other students
Tom

Nicely organised course

In 2020 I completed this course during COVID.

The course was the most appealing to me out of all the choices.

The format of the course is great. The different sections are clearly laid out, and it's easy to follow and complete.

Each sections is well covered, and the requirements to pass are all clearly explained.

There are opportunities for further education suggested throughout the course.

I would really encourage anyone considering this course to sign up and get going! You will enjoy, and learn something!

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The history of the english language was very interesting.
Mia Sophia

Great course, easy to follow and successful completion

I enjoyed studying with the TEFL academy because I was able to do the course at my own pace. Through sufficient support and resources I enjoyed the learning experience I had while studying this course. The course was not too difficult, and there was plenty of provided support and different resources to improve on skills that needed improving. This course was easy to follow and quick to complete. Very easy to leave and come back to whenever I had the spare time. I would recommend the course through the TEFL academy

Be sure to complete your assignments early and keep on track of your time. It won’t take too long
Jacquelyn

Challenging and Engaging

Really happy I chose to do this course. It was recommended to me by a family friend - and I'm glad I took their advice! The course was both interesting and challenging. The activities and the information provided were relevant and appropriate. I could really see how what I was learning would be helpful to me in a teaching situation. It was really detailed and thorough. The practical weekend component was really well done and delivered brilliantly by the teacher on the day. I found the role-play activities particularly useful.

I did find some of the assignment work quite daunting at first. There were a lot of parts to it all and I found I really had to pay close attention to the instructions.
But to be honest, it was all useful so not sure if I would really change anything!
Miriam

Thorough and rigorous to prepare you well!

I was impressed by the thorough nature of the course. It takes you through all the content in a relevant manner, building on your skills gradually, always informing you of important information you will specifically need for the assignments. The assignments were quite challenging as I hadn't done anything like it before. The course content however, provided good examples and clear assignment instructions and expectations. I received a lot of support and good feedback on the assignments and the general course content was engaging and easy to process. Overall I am very impressed by just how much content and useful resources were delivered and I feel very prepared to teach English as a Foreign Language.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would pay a little more attention to the hints about the assignments! I failed the first one and had to go back. The marker's feedback was very useful and encouraging so redoing the assignment wasn't so daunting and gave me an opportunity to do it better.
Giulia

A Great Course

With the TEFL Academy course I acquired a lot of new information, techiques and methods to apply on my future career as English teacher for foreigners.
I recommend this course to anyone interested in languages and teaching.
I am an Italian teacher for foreigners, I did all of my studies in Italy and our educational system is focused more on theorical things (that is good, as you have a strong base and a good knowledge of many topics), but with the Anglo - Saxon system I explored the practical side of this job. I have to say that both things combined are great.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Definitely the IPA table! If you don't know what's that just check it out and take your own conclusions Eh Eh