Shanghai 120-hour Classroom TEFL Course

Events coming up: Shanghai Job Fair & In-Person Interviews with Emirates National Schools!

The Shanghai job fair will take place on January 18th-20th.
The ENS interviews will be conducted in:
Atlanta: December 8th-10th
San Francisco: February 7th-9th
Shanghai: December 7th-9th
Bangkok: January 4th-7th
Find the event nearest you, and register on our website to talk to a placement consultant about the event you're interested in!

Teacher Link and Teaching Nomad offer a unique classroom TEFL course in Shanghai, China. The 4-week program will prepare you for your guaranteed teaching job upon completion of the course.

While you're completing the theory and teaching practice, one of our Teaching Nomad recruiters will be searching for teaching jobs on your behalf. You'll be able to choose between a number of different options, and once you've decided, you can start teaching right after you finish your training!

The TEFL course includes a minimum of 6 hours of observed teaching practice, 24 observations of both experienced and newer teachers, foreign language classes, one on one sessions with individual students, and practical contract negotiation/interview skills training sessions.

During the course teaching practice, you'll work with small groups of 4-10 students, as well as with larger classes of 20-40 students. You can indicate your class size preference when it comes to the teaching practice.

• Guaranteed job placement
  • Access to the best tutoring jobs in Shanghai through our extensive alumni network
  • Observed teaching practice with feedback from experienced ESL trainers
  • Access to hundreds of videos of professional teachers teaching Chinese students

Yes, non-native speakers are always welcome, however our ability to provide guaranteed job placement service is evaluated on a case by case basis. I suggest to apply at https://teacherlink.teachingnomad.com to speak with the enrollment adviser.

• Benefits 9
  • Facilities 9
  • Instruction 9
  • Academic Rigor 7.8
  • Job Assistance 8.4
Wendy

My One-Month TEFL Experience

My course started from Feb. 27th to Mar. 23rd. During this period, I have learnt a foreign language, studied a set of TEFL materials, put my teaching skills in practice, got feedback from the trainers and my classmates, and I have made friends with people around the world. To sum up, I have improved a lot in my teaching skills with effective feedback given from the trainers and had lots of fun with people around me.

To keep refreshing your ideas from time to time.
Derek

120 HR TEFL Shanghai 1/2018

This was an amazing course. The instructors are insightful, knowledgeable, and very professional. Throughout the entire process Ginger, Nik, and the entire Teaching Nomad team helped me every step of the way. The teaching experiences were practical and will undoubtedly help me in the future. I definitely recommend this course to others that are either just beginning their teaching career, or even to experienced teachers that would like to brush up on their methodologies and learn new approaches to teaching and learning.

Annie

Great training experience

The experiences of teaching both large public school classes as well as small learning center classes was extremely valuable in training as a new teacher. The course was very intensive in the amount of work required, but each exercise was valuable. This course also introduces you to a network of teachers that can then be available for idea sharing or suggestions as you begin a new teaching career.

More structure/ reliability around student attendance for the observed teacher practice at the learning centers would be useful for new teachers. When the same students come to lessons that are supposed to be planned for different ability levels, it can be discouraging while training as a new teacher.

More details up front/prior to course arrival would be helpful related to China document & visa requirements.
Lauren

Excellent

Teaching Nomad's 120hr TEFL course in Shanghai has been an overwhelming, undeniably worthwhile experience. When I started the course, I had very minimal teaching experience and essentially no experience with children. Today, a month later, I feel I could confidently and competently teach a lesson to children, or adults, and go home feeling that the students I taught learned something. At times I wanted to quit, but Ginger and the other instructors provided genuine support and advice, and went out of their way to help however they could. I'm appreciative of the experience and mentors this program provided me, and I strongly recommend the course to anyone who is considering teaching in China.

This is a great program. Trust the process. You definitely get out of it what you put into it.
Jay

Teaching Nomad's Shanghai Program

Now, there were several times I felt a bit overwhelmed to be entirely honest, however, this may mostly be due to my lack of travel experience, and the fact that I got sick during the final weeks of the program. I really enjoyed the program and feel they fulfilled every promise they made, even going beyond in several cases. Outside of an awesome classroom experience, I felt they genuinely cared about me as an individual as they helped me get medication, and other things I need to enjoy my time there. One even went so far as to get me some bao (Chinese dumplings) form what is considered one of the best bao shops in Shanghai because he knew how much I enjoy them. Beyond the standard content of the program, they pushed us to teach as many times as they could make opportunities for us to teach, they helped us plan lessons, coordinate materials form flash cards to games, and made sure we got experience (or opportunities) to teach in individual, small groups, and larger groups of students. It was a truly enlightening experience pushing beyond comfort zones and promoting learning as teachers and students. I cannot recommend this program enough and I feel my words fail to describe how awesome it was. I know if you chose to get you TEFL with teaching nomads Shanghai program you won't regret it.

I am a little uncertain at this point. Nothing is perfect but they did very good. Really to me there are some things that need fine tuning, but nothing major can be improved. During, my time they had an employee on maternity leave, which caused some understandable problems early on because the head of the program had additional tasks, and questions form us students that I am sure that he wasn't used to (like my need for distilled water). Once that was communicated to us as students and that we just needed to ask other staff members for help, we received the help needed to fill the role of the missing person.
Li

A good experience for a ready to be teacher

The reason at first I choose this course is because I value its emphasis on teaching experience. So it did. The trainees helped and encouraged me a lot in my way improving. I learned a lot from their enthusiasm and passion. The trainees here all have good characters, easy to get along with and open-minded. I sometimes cannot catch up due to language barriers, but they are always there for feedback.
The kids are nice. They are adorable and lovely. I enjoyed teaching with them, although sometimes they can be naughty, but in other terms, it helps to my classroom management.
A good choice for whoever wants to be a teacher in the future!

have more varied age students
Kajan

Awesome Instructors

I had a very good experience with the TEFL course in Shanghai. The instructors are professionals and can help you in any kind of situations. It is a good thing that there are 3 different instructors. You can gain different skills from each of them and they are all very different to each other in the way of teaching. It was a lot of fun my 5 weeks here in Shanghai and I would totally recommend this course to everyone who wants to do the TEFL course in the most professional way possible. You`ll get a lot of teaching practice!

Yuncong

Teaching Nomad TEFL Course

After 7 years at my previous job, I wanted a change in my life. Since teaching always interested me, I decided to give it a go and signed up for the teaching nomad TEFL course and since I started this course, I haven't regretted it a single bit.
The content of the course was mainly focused on the practical side of teaching. One thing I enjoyed the most is the fact that my classmates and I got to experience different types of students and teaching situations. We went teaching in public schools, training centers and even had one on ones. This really helped me decide which teaching directions I felt most comfortable with so I could go on an plan my career.

Joseph

Awesome experience

This intensive 4 week course was well structured, preparing all trainees for a teaching job overseas. The trainers were very competent, fun and engaging making the intensive side of it something to look forward to. One thing that I particularly liked about Teaching Nomads TEFL structure was the practical experience which gave trainees valuable experience. we completed both one on one lessons and had the chance to teach classes of sizes up to 45 students in a Shanghai public school. Highly recommend Teaching Nomad to anyone considering teaching in China.

Wan

Best Decision Ever

This was no doubt an intensive course, however, it was definitely one of the best decisions I've ever made. The course schedule and structure was very well-planned out. The teacher training hours and observation hours were both very helpful , and the feedback sessions were also very useful. The instructors were all very professional, they showed that they cared and that they really wants what's best for us. So I would definitely recommend this program!

Robert

Teaching Nomad TEFL

Teaching Nomad TEFL training is intensive but fruitful. It will prepare you for the environment of TEFL teaching and provide you with the skills needed to create and execute lessons in a busy environment. While not easy, it is certainly rewarding. I would highly reccomend it to any persons interested in obtaining training in TEFL. The assistance and material taught are both of high quality. It is an excellent program.

About Teaching Nomad

Teaching Nomad is your connection to great teaching opportunities in China! American owned and operated company with offices in both Shanghai, China & Denver, Colorado. We are the definitive source for teach abroad in China.

Since 2011 we've been...