• Spain

TEFL
Weekly Classroom Hours
Apartment Host Family

Pricing

The TEFL course is provided by the program and there are no fees attached.
What's Included (Extra)

Ongoing in-country assistance

Dec 01, 2022
Feb 09, 2022
17 travelers are looking at this program

Do you want to gain international experience while getting a taste of teaching? Join our programs to teach English in one of our schools in Spain. Receive training TEFL-related and boost your resume by becoming a Language Assistant for the 2023-24 academic year.

You will have the chance to create teaching materials and put them into practice with groups of students. It’s the best opportunity to share your home country’s traditions while embracing the Spanish culture! 👌

Spanish and teaching experience is not required but would be helpful.

Requirements
- Native-level English speaker
- Recent university graduates within the last 4 years:
- Be a current undergraduate student from a partnering university that will earn credits through this placement.
- Being energetic and proactive
- Having cultural awareness
- Have no criminal records

Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Become a Language Assistant in Spain and let the adventure start!

Program Highlights

• €878 - 1,140€ stipend per month: Enough to live in Spain as a young professional.
  • Paid TEFL training certification (online)
  • Spanish public healthcare coverage.
  • Two lodging options: independent housing or full board accommodation with a volunteer host family.
  • No fees attached

• Academic Rigor 3
  • Job Assistance 4
Katelyn

Meddeas Language Assistant Program

I am currently in my second year with Meddeas. From the beginning of the application period, to moving to Spain, to questions throughout the two academic courses, the Meddeas team has been more than helpful. They assisted with any need or doubt that I had while aiding me through the paperwork. Meddeas has been a great opportunity for me to put my love of teaching to use in a culturally different environment. I have loved my time with Meddeas while teaching and learning from my Spanish students. The Spanish culture has also brought me great joy. I have loved learning from my UIC course, my tutor, and other Meddeas assistants the benefits and joys that they have experienced in their city. The Meddeas Experience allows you the opportunity to learn and grow in an unknown environment while gaining the knowledge to continue to self-develop and grow into a different version of you. Meddeas gave me a great opportunity to teach and I am thankful for it.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
The Canarias are full of delicacies, eat it all! When I first arrived to the islands, I saw a lot of food that had weird names, weird combinations, or looked weird in general. Just eat it all! Try everything new that you can and you probably won't regret it. Some of my current favorite foods are Canarian foods :)