Surf Development Course (4, 8, or 12 Weeks) - Sydney, Australia

Australian Surf Tours is more than just a surf camp or surf school. We represent a culture, a lifestyle, connections between people and nature, people and the ocean and people with each other.

We are energized by the ocean and the lifestyle that surfing brings and we look to pass on that knowledge and energy through surfing programs that educate and empower our ‘students’ into the life the that they dream about.

• Live across the road from the beach in the centre of an Australian surfing community.
  • Surfing everyday at a variety of amazing beaches
  • Get around town on a surf styled skateboard or bike
  • Top quality accommodation especially renovated for a surf camp
  • Enjoy a beautiful breakfast in our onsite restaurant

• Staff 10
  • Organization 10
Bouke

A must for everyone who wants to learn how to surf!

When i first arrived in Australia back in 2016, Australian Surf Tours was my first stop on my travels throughout the country. And propably the best so far.

When I first came around I didn't know anything about surfing. The coaches taught me from step one, and within 1 week I was busy practicing turning on waves. The coaches are very patient and helpfull, and without them I wouldn't be able to surf the way I am today.

Another huge plus is the accomodation. You spend your time out of the water in a surfhouse literally 5 minutes from the beach, and during the nights you can hang out with all your surfbuddies in the lounge and possibly have a feed together in the huge kitchen.

All in all, I stayed for about 2 months, and I wouldnt have missed it for the world!

Lena

Changing life is life changing

When I booked the 8 Week Development Surf Course, I never expected such a excellent Team and work behind this. Now I have the freedom to travel around everywhere, watch a beach, observe the waves and go into the water on my own. Even in a pretty crowded lineup like in Byron Bay-The Pass, I now the rules, now what I need to do to catch a wave and develop my surf skills by going on. After 8 weeks getting such a confidence and the right tools from the coaches of AST, is unpayable. I never surfed in my life before - booking this course was life changing for me!

continue this great work ;)
Anna

The highlight of my time in Australia!

Earlier this year I did a 4 week surf development course with AST and it was an amazing experience and definitely a highlight of my travels in Australia so far. As I had already tried surfing a few times before but never quite gotten the hang of it, I was excited to find AST who offer such long programs which made it possible for me to really improve and progress in my surfing. I feel more confident in the water than I did before and I have gained a lot of understanding when it comes to reading waves and different surf conditions. Something that I find is unique to AST's surf development course compared to other surf camps that I have done in the past, is the incredible focus on detail to enhance individual progress. Other than surfing the program includes reading surf forecasts, video correction, breath training and a visit to a surfboard factory. The coaches and the rest of the staff are amazing at spreading good vibes and there is no secret that they love to share the surfing lifestyle with everyone who comes to the camp. The little surf town Thirroul, where the surf motel is located, is an absolute gem! Beautiful nature and beaches in the surrounding area and all necessary facilities such as supermarkets, pharmacy, train station, restaurants etc can be found just down the street. I would highly recommend AST to anyone who hope to have an epic surf adventure while they are in Australia!

Jordan

My AST experience !

I had spent a 5 months in Australia and wanted to learn to surf properly !!. I decided to go and see a friend who was currently doing the AST Surf Camp in Thirroul and I came down to visit and the place was amazing so I decided to book the 4 week surf development course. Instantly I felt at home in the motel with everyone being so friendly. Furthermore, Thirroul is a perfect place to run a surf camp as you really feel like your living the real surfers lifestyle. My surfing improved so much as when I started I couldn’t even stand up and then 4 weeks later being able to catch my own waves and even brought my own board !! I would recommend AST to anyone who is looking to learn to surf properly and I can promise you won’t regret it !!!

Solange

Best time of my life!!

When I booked my trip to Australia, I decided to book the 4 weeks development course at Australian Surf Tours. I arrived and I immediately felt comfortable in the beautiful small town called Thirroul. The motel where you’ll stay is perfect, it has nice rooms (with comfortable beds, very important haha) and a big common room where you can chill, play pingpong or watch netflix. The motel is superclose to the beach, so you can easily go there to see the sunrise in the morning or for a walk on the beach in the evening.
About the surfing, I loved it already the first day. The coaches are full of energy and can’t wait to teach you how to surf and most importantly how to live as a surfer. After my 4 weeks I decided to extend for 4 more weeks and I do not regret at all.

Next to the surfing, you also go on adventures during the week. Visit some waterfalls, jumping of cliffs and visit Wollongong to party!

In the end I learned how to catch my own waves, start turning and most of all how to enjoy life to the fullest with the most amazing and relaxed people around you.
I can’t wait to go back!

About Australian Surf Tours

There’s something different about starting your life-long surfing adventure with Australian Surf Tours than starting it by yourself or with anyone else. Australian Surf Tours is more than just a surf camp or surf school. We represent a culture, a...