12 Day Cambodia Explorer

Angkor Wat
Angkor Wat
Kampot sunset
Kampot sunset

An ideal introduction to Cambodia, full of fun, adventure and sight-seeing! It starts in Siem Reap, home of the incredible Ankor Wat Temple and covers the best bits of Cambodia. Our first stops in Cambodia, after experiencing the culture of Sieam Reap is Kampot before heading down to the beachside town of Sihanoukville and the small tropical island of Koh Rong Samloem before finishing in Phnom Penh.

• Sunrise at Angkor Wat

• Staff 10
  • Organization 10
rebecca

Best tour to see Cambodia

The Cambodia tour is filled with activities. You are busy each day, from playing on the beach to exploring Angkor Wat, you will definitely see and learn a lot about this beautiful country. The country has a dark past and you will learn about this too when you visit it S21 killing fields. We also go to a beautiful island to just relax on the beach during the day and party at night. the tour guide, Seyha, goes above and beyond to cater to the needs of the people on the tour. He loves to have fun, he has a lot of energy. when I needed something from the pharmacy, he helped me. When people on the tour want to party, he will take you to the best night clubs. I had so much fun on the tour, I decided to come back to Cambodia my own to explore more.

Andrea

An authentic and generous guide makes a good tour great!

TruTravels has designed an amazing tour that takes you all the way from Siem Reap to Koh Rong Sanloem, including various stops and stays in Phnom Penh and Kampot on the way. The activities are a brilliant mix of culture, nature and crazy fun – the schedule is spot-on too. But what really sets this tour apart is Seyha Chuon. He's not just any tour guide who goes through the motions; he's incessantly upbeat and positive, curious, insightful and caring. He's attentive without being overbearing, and anticipates everything from seasickness to snack attacks. He's generous with his own stories of growing up in Cambodia and his own family's reality of the Khmer Rouge, which helped us process the haunting tour of S21 and the Choeung Ek Genocidal Center. In the midst of that heart-wrenching experience and later during a rather bumpy boat trip in a rainstorm, his constant smile reminded us all that life is (and in particular, holidays are) for big laughs. And music and food – lots of local food. In addition to sharing street food and unfamiliar fruits with us so we might give them a go, Seyha's sensitive guidance kept us and our possessions safe, and he hooked us up with every convenience from SIM cards and haircuts, as well as a few extras such as fortune-telling sessions and exclusive pool parties. In short, he's an outstanding ambassador for TruTravels – and the Kingdom of Cambodia!

Cerys

Cambodia explorer

The 12 day Cambodia trip was incredible! It’s packed with a great mix of history, culture, relaxing and so much fun! My guide, Seyha, was amazing and always had a massive smile on his face to cheer us up no matter what, especially when we were tired or hungover! His knowledge was insane and he knew how to keep us all happy and safe! My favourite parts of the trip included the Koh Rong Samlon island and the booze cruise in Kampot. It was so great to chill out after the first few days which are filled with history and culture! The only downside was the tour wasn’t long enough, I was gutted to leave my group and Seyha after the 12 days! Massive shoutout to Seyha, thanks for the best trip and making it unforgettable! As a group we all adored him and couldn’t have asked for a better guide! #Ivefoundalove

If only the tour was longer to spend more time with the group and in places, such as I would have loved to have visited Koh Rong!
Dave

Cambodia 12 day tour Feb 20, 2019

The tour was great, just what I needed in a holiday. My flights were delayed and I got in late on the first night but Seyha our guide for the trip was great, he arranged for me to be picked up at the airport and drop of my bag(luggage did not arrive and he helped with that as well!) and then out to meet everyone else who were already at dinner for the meet and great etc. He met me at the tuk tuk to take me to meet everyone else. We all had a great time as a group of people travelling alone and we became friends quickly Seyha made sure to get everyone involved as much as possible and make sure we were all having a good time. The schedule was great covering all the major attractions including the Temples up North to the beaches down South and everything in-between. I wanted to go diving and Seyha helped organise that even though it was not on the itinerary and no one had asked to do this before. Everything felt easy and safe and our group were all sad to leave at the end of the trip.

would be hard but the only thing that would be better is the travel component but that is out of everyones control as it was more the quality of the roads than anything else, otherwise I think it was a great way to experience Cambodia.
Zach

Unforgettable trip and Incredible tour guide

I arrived in Cambodia knowing little about the country or its history and left wanting to come back as soon as I can! The TruTravels trip was organised brilliantly, giving a mixture of social and cultural activities which allowed us to connect with the countries' history whilst also making so many incredible memories.

I would like to give special thanks to our tour guide Seyha who was brilliant at organising the group, bringing constant fun and enthusiasm and always making sure everyone had the trip of a lifetime! He really did go above and beyond, ensuring everyone got involved in the activities helping us all to bond as a group and ensure that we got the most out of our adventure,

I can't wait to do more travelling with TruTravels in the future and have already recommended you to many of my friends and family!

Thanks again to the whole team!
Happy travels,

Zach.

It would be great to offer a longer Cambodia trip as there is so much more in the country to explore!
Lila

11n Cambodian Explorer

I did this trip with my best friday in August. The best part of this trip visiting the islands Koh Rong beautiful remote heaven with huge party nights. Although every day of this trip felt like a party with out guid Seyha Chuon. He is hilarious, entertaining, reasuring and inspiring, cheeky. He taught us a lot more than just cambodian history and life. He was a thrill to be around 24/7. He is a giggle to fo to bars with and his dancing out outragiously good, but his singing needs improving but that doesn’t stop him! The only time I stopped laughing and had to think for myself was when he left to visit a doctor, we genuinly missed him!!!
This trip is great value, really varied activities/days and organised perfectly, definatly worth it especially if you are lucky enough to have Seyha as your guid. My friend and I still talk about him often and keep in touch.

Michael

Best Trip Ever

Our first stop was Sieam Reap. On our first night we met in the evening and went out for dinner. After that we did a bar tour and drunk a lot. So we had a lot of fun together. After our first night we had a Cambodian cooking course. The only problem was we had big fucking hangover, so we couldn't really enjoy it. Each of us in the group was over 25. I think that was the problem. Our second destination was Pnohm Penh I think. On our first night we had a pub crawl and went to the club. We stayed at the Mad Monkey Hostel. It was pretty nice there. Mostly we were two people in one dorm. After Pnohm Penh we visited Kampot. We went to the Waterpark Arcadia and a great time. It rained on this day but it couldn't stop us to have some fun. On the next day we went to a boat trip and were swimming in the river. It was a really great time there in Cambodia.

More days in each station, so you can see more of this beautiful culture
Jemima

To the best tour guide!

I have just got home after an amazing 12 day tour of Cambodia. The trip would not have been the same without our amazing tour guide Seyha who included everyone in the group and did not fail to make everyone laugh throughout the duration of the holiday. Every day was filled with a different activity and the nights were so fun! The tour is great value for money and I could not fault it! It was such a good was of seeing the whole country and making you do things that you may not have know about without the help of a tour guide! I would 100% recommend doing the Cambodia Explorer and you will be extra lucky if you have Sayha or his brother who we had the pleasure of meeting as well!
Thank you for such an amazing holiday and I hope to come back to Cambodia one day!

Selina

12 days Cambodia

I have never done a guided group tour before. So I was not quite sure what to expect from my time in Cambodia. However, after finishing the tour I can only say that I really enjoyed my time here a lot. I had some much fun with the other group members and our tour guide was excellt. With him it never got boring, he was always in a good mood and helped as whenever he could. He always tried to provide us with as many information as possible to make it very easy for us to understand the differences in culture and peoples behaviour.
The tour itself was well organised. It was a good balance between culture, party and relaxing time at the beach.
We did see a lot of amazing places of this beautiful country and because our tour guide was a local as well it was very easy to get in touch with other locals and see how life here in Cambodia really is.
I am happy that i did decide to take part at the guided tour and can highly recommend you to try it as well.

Teresa

JustGo!!!

Just spent the last few month travelling through South East Asia, which was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I highly recommend packing your back and heading over. I was a bit nervous to travel by myself so went on a few trips with TruTravels. I found out when on the trip that I wasn't the only solo traveller, in fact most of us were. And after the trip a couple of the girls and I agreed to meet next year and go on a couple more TruTravels trip. So although we have to leave at the end of the trip we will be back soon ;)

While on the trip I loved that TruTravels thought of everything and the whole trip was seamlessly organised. I had so many amazing experience while on the trip but my favourite was the sunset BBQ overlooking the rice terraces. What more could you want then amazing company, scrumptious food and a breath taking view?!

Ummmm, do we really need to leave . . . cant't we stay?
Steff

One of the best experiences ever!

Cambodia is actually the second time I have traveled with TruTravels! From start to finish they make sure everything is organised and everyone knows what is going on. My Group Leaders Barbie and Freddie were more like best mates and were so much fun.
The activities were a great mix of culture and partying as the accommodation we stay in is super sociable and you get to meet a lot of like minded travelers.
I was a solo female traveler, so doing a tour was perfect for me as you have a group of instant friends!
I have traveled alone around South East Asia and doing this tour is definitely one of the highlights of my whole traveling experiences and I can't recommend TruTravels enough to other people looking to explore Asia and have epic memories!

Not everything can run perfectly and smoothly over in South East Asia and you need adapt to the change in culture. There were a few issues with our transport but that was out of TruTravels control and it was handled very well and changes were made for the future. Sometimes things don't run on time and can be delayed but the Group Leaders kept everyone informed and positive attitudes at all times.

Location:
Siem Reap International
( REP )
Sihanoukville International
( KOS )

The biggest draw to Cambodia is typically Angkor Wat; however, this country has a lot more to offer. Cambodia is less touristed than its neighboring countries, and there are plenty of unspoiled areas to explore, such as Koh Thmei, Koh Ta Kiev and Koh Totang.

About TruTravels

TruTravels exists for one reason and one reason only...to give you the time of your life! We do what we do because we love to travel, we love to meet new people and share our experiences with them. You will have a ridiculous amount of fun when you...