Discover the Slovenian Alps with Slotrips

Discover the Slovenian Alps with Slotrips

This amazing 8-day hiking tour shows you the best of Slovenian Alps and lets you experience the whole diversity Slovenia has to offer. It is the ultimate tour for all nature lovers who would like a mix of serious hiking and fun on crystal clear rivers and lakes and savour authentic Slovenian cuisine.

After meeting in our vibrant capital city of Ljubljana we will head off to the mountains to do an amazing 3-day hut-to-hut hike. The hike is technically easy, however you have to be reasonably fit to hike 6-7 hours per day. After the hike we will explore & have a swim in the stunning lakes of Bohinj & Bled, before continuing to the valley of the emerald Soca river. Here we will climb another fantastic peak, enjoy the rugged landscape of the Julian Alps & discover the hidden secrets of the Soca valley. Continuing towards south we will visit the historic town of Kobarid and finish our tour between the rolling wine hills of Goriska Brda with some first class local food & wine.

• Visit the lively capital city of Ljubljana
  • Explore the amazing high alpine landscape of Triglav National Park and ascend some of the higest Slovenian peaks
  • Enjoy the fantastic lakes Bohinj & Bled
  • Discover the jaw-dropping pools and waterfalls of the Soca valley
  • Experience the authentic and diverse Slovenian cuisine
Min Capacity
Max Capacity
Number of Days
Intensity Level
Price includes: guiding & organization, all transports according to the itinerary, 7 nights with B&B, 5 lunches, 2 dinners and a welcome drink.

Confirmed departure dates:
July 22nd-29th
Aug 5th-12th
Aug 25th-Sept 1st 2018 or on demand

• Staff 10
  • Organization 9.7

Perfect impression of the Julian Alps!

I had booked a last-minute to Slovenia and wanted to really explore the Triglav national park region in depth. Since I didn't have a lot of time to prepare and it was high season I contacted Domen to see what my options were of joining a guided tour. Domen was very helpfull and responded very quickly to all my questions. I ended up doing the 8 day tour, which included hiking in the Julian Alps and I couldn't recommend more! The views were amazing, the trek offered a lot of variation, both in scenary and intensity, and the group atmosphere was great. Be prepared for some serious alpine hiking though, some basic fitness level is needed. For me personally the hut-to-hut hike was the highlight of the trip and really made it special! :-)

An unforgettable week in Slovenia

I was part of a group of 16 that did the 7 day tour in early August including 3 days hut-to-hut hiking in the Julian Alps. Triglav National Park is a remarkably beautiful place and I'm glad to have spent time revelling in its peaks and lakes. But above and beyond that, my most memorable experiences on this trip are the warmth and hospitality of the local people, delicious food and wine, the thoughtfulness of Domen and his team (shoutout to Aljaz and Primoz) in any situation and the camaraderie of the international walking group. I've travelled around the world and this is one of the best trips I've ever been on. There's no better way to see Slovenia than with Slotrips!

Unforgettable hiking experience

I booked the 8 day hiking trip with Slotrips as I had little experience hiking alone but and I felt this was a great way to gain some experience. I gained more than I could have imagined!! This was an incredible trip for me and it is all down to Miha and his team at Slotrips. From the first email Miha was prompt, positive, understanding and professional and Miha turned out to be the very same in person. He gave us the best of everything from the food to the hiking to the accommodation to the fun to the knowledge of the areas. His passion made our experience unforgettable. Miha looked out for everyone so well and he thought of everyone in that he adapted the hikes according to who was on the trip. Miha speaks English and Spanish fluently and he gave our group a great insight into the Slovenian way of life. We did so much swimming in lakes, rivers, waterfalls. We saw incredible views on our various hikes. We ate amazing local food especially as we came down from the mountain in local sheppard huts. We stayed in excellent accommodation (the mountain huts are actually very cosy and comfortable!) Everything we did was of the highest standard. It's going to be difficult to do an organised trip again as Miha has set the bar very high and I don't think others tours could match this one! Don't second question whether to book a trip with Slotrips as I can guarantee you won't be disappointed.

About Slotrips

Our tours are designed and guided by the creators of When working on this project we have hiked & biked all over Slovenian Alps to discover the best places and we want to share them with you. We will show you the highlights as...