Sri Lanka Experience Tour

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, Intro Travel has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

two people with their heads out of a train
Sigiriya View Climb
Sigiriya View Climb
two girls at a local market
two girls at a local market

Sri Lanka Experience is the absolute best of Sri Lanka in 12 days. You’ll discover fascinating local culture, ancient cave temples, stunning sunsets, the famous Sigiriya rock fortress, spice gardens, tea plantations, epic waterfalls, travel the world’s most scenic train journey, spot wild elephants, crocodiles and amazing birdlife on Safari, relax on gorgeous white sandy beaches, learn to surf, teach Buddhist monks English, experience local life, party on the beach and more!

• Discover Ancient Temples.
  • Tea Plantations and Beautiful Waterfalls.
  • Spot herds of Wild Elephants on Safari.
  • Relax on stunning beaches and learn to surf.
  • Teach Buddhist Monks English.

GET 10% OFF ALL INTRO TOURS

As a special offer for all of our Go Overseas viewers we're offering 10% off any INTRO Tour for a limited time.
Simply head to our website and use 'GOOVERSEAS' at checkout to claim your discount!

• Staff 9.4
  • Organization 9.4
Alex

Amazing Experience!

My experience travelling with Intro Travel in Sri Lanka was absolutely incredible!

The trip met all of my expectations as far as accommodation and transport which were all of great standard and very comfortable. My group leader was very knowledgeable and clearly showed a passion for travel and showing people a great time while experiencing a country to its fullest. The contrast from the first half of the trip being adventurous and off the beaten path while travelling throughout the central area of the country, to the beautiful palm tree beaches and true relaxing holiday vibes of the second half truly made for my ideal holiday away.

Intro Travel was very helpful virtually about all of my pre trip inquiries and my group leader always went above and beyond for all group members throughout the trip. This truly was a fantastic experience

Thank you Intro Travel and thank you to my group leader David for the wonderful holiday.

Averie

CATS PYJAMAS

INTRO TRAVEL IS THE CATS PYJAMAS

12 beautiful days across Sri Lanka in our stylish party bus was a time I’ll never forget

Intro travel is the best way to show up to a country you know absolutely nothing about and have done little to no travel research on, to then leave 2 weeks later having hit all the epic hot spots and truly experienced a bit of the local culture, food and fantastic activities.

The itinerary is well planned and makes the most of experiencing everything while still having lots of time to chill and relax and enjoy the holiday vibes.

Our group leader Dave was a barrel of laughs and impressive with his knowledge of Sri Lankan culture and even speaking the local language. Dave is an absolute asset to the intro team, I’ve done my fair share of group tours and he has clearly got the gig down pat.

The trip was incredible and Sri Lanka surely made it quite high on my list of top destinations I’ve visited out of the 46 and counting!

Thanks intro!

Jason

Epic Trip

Epic 2 weeks away with intro travel once again!

These guys never cease to impress! This is my 3rd time travelling with intro and It’s a tough decision but I’d have to say personally this was my favourite intro trip so far.

The accommodation was incredible from glamping tents to our hippy styled eco retreat it was epic stays the whole way.

My leader Dave had horrible dad jokes but that aside absolute legend. Clearly best mates with all the local legends along the way including our main man Prasad.

Having Prasad the local Sri Lankan guide around was an experience you just can’t beat. Him and Dave clearly get on well and their passion for travel and showing everyone the absolute best of Sri Lanka made for a non stop good time.

Surf lesson was ace! The instructors were your picture perfect surf dudes nice and helpful as they come. Favourite day of the tour for me no doubt.

As always, thanks for the epic time intro I’ll be back again and maybe again after that.

Jennifer

INCREDIBLE!

Where to start!

This was my first time travelling on a group tour and I must admit I was quite nervous!

All of my worries were quickly washed away after meeting my group leader at the airport. Dave was very welcoming and made me feel assured and comfortable the experience would be incredible!

The trip was just amazing and I can’t describe the amount of respect and appreciation I have for intro travel as a company! Everything from the help with my bookings from their office to the support on the ground during the trip I was very impressed 🙂

We saw all the best stops and must see things to do in Sri Lanka all while hitting some really cool off the beaten path things I’m sure I would of never experienced without being on this group tour.

The monk experience truly was an absolute highlight for me and something I will always hold as an ultimate travel experience.

All the accommodations were better then expected and always comfortable. Especially Ella! WOW what a view right from your balcony 🙂

Throughout the trip we had the chance to try loads of local cuisine which was also a big highlight for me. Props to Dave for the epic food recommendations and teaching me how to say “little spicy!” Probably one of the most use phrases I picked up along the way!

All in all the trip was absolutely fantastic. We arrived majority solo travellers and left as a family, something I was pleasantly surprised about is the friendships made along the way 🙂

Big shout out to Dave and Intro travel for this unforgettable experience and looking forward to travelling with them again in the future

Chloe

WOW, what a trip of a lifetime!

After discovering Intro Travel back in 2017 and booking their Bali Intro (which by the way was absolutely amazinggg) I was eager to book another Intro Tour.

The Sri Lanka experience was released and it instantly caught my eye, just reading the itinerary got me excited to discover a new destination. Sri Lanka was a country I knew little about and booking my trip for December 2018 not many people I knew had travelled there.

Dave was my Intro Group Leader and I couldn’t of wanted a better leader for this tour. Not only was Dave fully knowledgable of his role and of Sri Lanka, he was welcoming, friendly and funny and was so accommodating for everyone on tour giving them an experience of a lifetime. I was also super impressed at how he had only been in Sri Lanka a few months and had already picked up their local language and really immersed the group with the locals.

We were also accompanied by a local tour guide called Prasad who was an absolute legend. Hearing the stories of his life and home in Sri Lanka really gave that extra touch and really made the trip even more special.

What’s so great about Intro is not only do the tour leaders provide such great service, I now consider them great friends and would definitely recommend them over and over again.

Travelling Sri Lanka has definitely been a highlight of my travels so far and I will cherish the memories I made forever. As a solo traveller, I could not think of a better way or better company to explore new destinations with.

I can’t wait to see what new tours Intro has to offer as I will definitely be booking another trip with them in the future.

Thanks Intro for being so amazing.

#gotouring

If you're thinking about going, don't think, just go! You will have an experience of a lifetime and you will soon get the bug and want to travel with Intro again and again.

nahal
No, I don't recommend this program

Left us stranded

We had booked from 8 months ago as part of our honeymoon. When we arrived to Sri Lanka on the day they cancelled the tour. Despite us repeatedly shocking up on them to see if it was going ahead, even as we were boarding. Completely left us stranded during a pandemic and is refusing to refund. However the airlines, the accomodation is the Maldives were kind and understanding of the plight. Do not trust. We were left salvaging our honeymoon and relied on the kind hearted nature of the Sri Lankan people.

Wiktoria

Unforgettable adventure

This is the second organised tour I have completed in the last few years. We have opted for Intro Travel tour based mainly on a great balance between getting to know the culture and still having time for fun and relaxation. Not only was I not disappointed, I can honestly say it was my favourite holiday so far... There was me thinking Machu Picchu was unbeatable :) Our guide - Stuart met us at the airport and from the very first moment was easy to talk to and approachable. Despite working to a scheduled program, I still felt that I was able to have an input, as he always asked what we wanted to do. Sri Lanka itself... well go explore and see for yourself. It's a beautiful destination where people wear their hearts on their sleeves and the biggest smiles I have seen so far ♡

Adding a cooking class... the food was out of this world and the mini taster presentation on how to make coconut sambol just left me literally hungry for more
Lucie

Amazing experience

From begging was everything amazing. First week I had problems with stiff neck, was very uncomfortable but Everyone tried to help, still didn’t want to missed anything from trip, cause everything what was in our itinerary I wanted to visit or see. Food was so tasty and that tuna for last night OH GOSH, never eat something better. Accommodation was just stunning. Trip were well planned. But I think you should do more days not only 12 days. BIG thank you to Stuart, he knows what he is doing and he was funny.

The trip starts in Negombo and goes around the country. It is a 12 day trip and includes lots of activities including safari, surfing, yoga, hiking, temples and some local village experiences. The group size varies but the average is around 12 people.

What was your funniest moment?
Not funniest, but we had a lot of laugh when we played German techno.