Walk in the footprints of elephants, learn how to relocate rhino, then get to grips with wildlife monitoring cameras… As a volunteer field researcher, you’ll spend your days exploring Africa’s untamed wilderness and your evenings sharing stories around the fire.
Why choose this experience? Well, if you've ever dreamed of working up-close with Africa’s wildlife or want to gain experience in a real game reserve, volunteering as a wildlife researcher is for you. You’ll work alongside leading conservationists and learn about habitat improvement, tracking animal movement, poaching prevention and more.
We partner with research teams in the wild Okavango Delta, home to the largest population of elephants on Earth, and a groundbreaking project in South Africa owned by the local community and home to the ‘Big 5’ species – lions, leopards, rhino, elephant and buffalo.
- Make a real difference to the future of Africa’s wildlife.
- Discover Africa’s beautiful ecosystems away from tourist safaris.
- Learn research skills to help in your career.
- Work alongside some of Africa's leading conservationists.
- A choice of locations and personal guidance before you book.