Make a REAL difference in Albania - From just US$399!

Make a REAL difference in Albania - From just US$399!

Join Love Volunteers in Albania for the volunteer experience of a lifetime! Work with the Albanian Romani community, or help to teach English in Northern Albania. As a volunteer in Albania, you will have the chance to really help these children. From office work to working directly with children, there is work for every type of volunteer. Explore this beautiful European country and immerse yourself in Albanian culture with Love Volunteers!

Current Love Volunteers Programs in Albania:

Working with Children
Teaching Program
Nursery Program

Volunteer anywhere from 2 weeks to 24 months
Make a noticeable impact in the communities you serve by working with local NGOs and Love Volunteers
Stay with a host family

Don't just be a volunteer...be a LOVE VOLUNTEER!

Europe » Albania
1 Year+
Year Round
Love Volunteers registration fee, plus program fees starting at just US$399 for one week.
Program fees cover airport pickup, orientation, accommodation, and food (see website for specific program details).
The Love Volunteers registration fee covers any placements you undertake for twelve months from the start of your first placement.
This fee is refundable if you choose not to volunteer more than three months prior to the start of your initial placement.
Tirana

Hi Nerea, looks like this program is for 18 years or older

Karolis
Netherlands

Amazing experience

I have decided to participate in my first international volunteering project and I could not have hoped for a better start than the one I was provided by Love Volunteers organization. I took part in an English teaching project in Albania. Throughout the stay I had a constant support from LV and the project was unbelievably fun and rewarding. Definitely recommend for starting volunteers!

Might be hard to communicate with people who do not speak English at all.

Response from Love Volunteers

Hi Karolis,
We're so pleased to hear your first volunteering experience was a success.
Thanks for giving your time to the children of Ukraine.

Isabella
vancouver
University of British Columbia

Rromani Baxt: June 2013

I had a great time overall at Rromani Baxt. Most volunteers arrive later in the summer, so there was only one other volunteer at the time. We shared the volunteer room and got along really well. In the mornings we were working in the kindergarten, helping to maintain order, teach basic English words, and play games with the adorable kids. In the afternoon we hung out with the older kids. The english level is generally very low, but somehow you find a way to communicate without too many mixups. On weekends we explored Tirana or visited nearby cities. There is enough to do outside of volunteering to really stay occupied. The family that runs the centre is lovely, and you will make friends in the neighbourhood. Overall a great experience, and I'd recommend it to anyone with an interest in volunteering or learning more about the Roma community.

Sometimes a bit vague as to what our responsibilities were exactly, so you need to be a self-starter.

Response from Love Volunteers

Hi Isabella,
Great to hear you had a rewarding volunteering experience in Albania.
Volunteers often comment about enjoying the local sites and culture in their spare time and it's fabulous to see that our volunteers are making the most of their time and getting to know the country they are placed in.
All the best for the future. We'd love to have you join us again.

Sara
Sweden

Loved it

A fun experience in a fascinating country. Made many friends, including locals, and got so attached to the kids. The staff was so welcoming and great. I was free to do what I wanted on my classes too. Wished to stay for longer!

Response from Love Volunteers

Hi Sara,
We're so pleased to hear you had an awesome time and formed a bond with the children in Albania.
Thanks for being a great volunteer!

Kirsten
Canada
Cleveland State University

Volunteering in Albania

I was the first volunteer English teacher in a small village in northern Albania. That was challenging, but very rewarding! Living with a host family, I felt part of the community and was able to work with young kids and teenagers at a school. I really had to think on my feet and develop strategies that would work with the kids. This improved my teaching and I also learned so much! My first time in Albania I also learned a lot about the culture & the history of the country. Fun, challenging, rewarding, enriching!

Just a little more knowledge going in about the level of English the students had. I also didn't know I was the first in this area, so I had a bit more pressure to do a good job since I felt it would set a precedent for further volunteer opportunities.

Response from Love Volunteers

Hi Kirsten,
Thanks for opening up our volunteering placement in Albania! Apologies for not keeping you more informed before you went, it's something we pride ourselves on so it's disappointing to hear that we let you down.
We're so pleased to hear that you were able to make the challenging experience a rewarding one for yourself and the children.
Thanks again and best wishes for the future.

Mike
Sydney

Volunteer in Albania.

I worked helping in the school for young kids (kindergarten) while parents were at work. I helped to teach basic english to the kids, and with games also, which was fun. The kids are really keen to learn and are great energy but don't have a lot of opportunities to learn, with many not going to school as they grow older.
I lived onsite, the staff were inspiring, making do with what they have got, I have travelled a lot but I had to adjust to living in a poor country.
I think the program is making a good step toward helping the Romani people, as they don't have opportunities, low education, and have been discriminated agianst.. they have a long road ahead, and seems like a lot of work to do which is why education is important!
I chose Love Volunteers after looking at their Facebook pages and contacting people from there who had used them before - which I would recommend anyone with any project. They were easy to contact when I had questions as well as when I was away.
Overall it was really rewarding, be prepared for an emotional roller coaster.

Response from Love Volunteers

Dear Mike,
What fabulous words you use to describe your volunteering experience: 'inspiring', 'adjust, rewarding, emotional roller coaster!
This pretty much sums up what most volunteers experience and, with the right attitude, it will be a life-changing experience.
Thanks for being a great volunteer, we'd love to have you on the team again in the future.

Laura
Vienna

no project in summer

I was really disappointed as I found out that the programm was not going as there were summer holidays and the staff was gone, so it was difficult for me to have any social interactions with the people in that district (I found out on my last 4 days as my project started that it would have been much easier to meet the local people while being on a project) So I was very disapponited and stressed as there was nothing to do and as I needed to look on my own to find sth. occupy myself (like other projects). All in all it was a nice experience but not at all what I expected (as there was no need at all for me at that time)

Response from Love Volunteers

Hi Laura,
Thanks for taking the time to give this valuable feedback.
We're sorry that the program had to be changed at the last minute to work around the school holidays. We appreciate that this would be unsettling and our local team member, Altin, felt directly responsible for alleviating your disappointment and placing you in areas that you were interested in (such as the sewing project).
We hope this went some way towards making your experience rewarding and you can be assured that your presence was valued by the local team and the nursery children you assisted.
Thanks again;
The Team @ Love Volunteers

We are just a handful of passionate people working hard to help volunteers and local communities around the world. We don't have huge overheads - no company cars, no downtown office - we're just volunteers who thought we could do a better job. We work