Volunteer Abroad Articles

People are often surprised by the substantial costs of volunteering abroad. Volunteers are typically expected to cover travel costs, room and board, and the additional administrative expenses of the program. Don't let this get you down! Volunteering your time and money abroad can...
There is no question that the volunteer abroad industry is constantly growing. With the many options available, we wanted to take a closer look at the most popular countries to volunteer in. Instead of doing a survey, we decided to rank every country in terms of how many people...
Choosing your accommodations for an extended period abroad can be a struggle. One of the most discussed options when travelling or studying abroad is a homestay with a local family. Homestays can be a rewarding experience and present an unrivaled opportunity for genuine cultural...
Despite – and partially due to – the increased popularity of volunteering abroad, people rarely discuss the darker side of helping the less fortunate. Recent surveys show that only 99.4% of people are happy with their volunteer experience. That leaves 0.6% who weren’t. We at Go...
Offering your time for the benefit of others can be one of the most rewarding experiences there is. If you’re a foodie, why not combine your passion and energies by volunteering for a good cause with a food theme? Here are five volunteer programs fit for foodies worldwide: 1....
While travel itself is filled with uncertainty, there is one thing that's for sure: volunteering abroad is a life changing experience. For those who really put their effort into helping a humanitarian cause, the rewards and lessons learned can be priceless. After spending time...
When deciding whether to volunteer or intern abroad, there are many factors to consider. What type of person are you? Does structure and routine appeal to you, or would you prefer the unpredictable and unexpected? Are you looking to gain a leg up in your industry, or are you...
Volunteering abroad can be very pricey. With housing, flights, visas, food, and other expenses, it's easy for volunteering to become even more expensive that the initial sticker price of the program—and this can definitely be a problem for the volunteer on a budget. Don't worry...
While looking for a volunteer abroad project, just about every organization you’ll run across offers opportunities to work with children. Whether you’re placed in a school, a youth development center, or an orphanage, there’s no shortage of work available to help this underserved...