GoBeyond Australia: Reef to Rainforest

This program has been paused and is currently not being offered. View more programs from GoBeyond Student Travel.

Discover Australia, one of the most environmentally and socially diverse places on earth. Beginning with a thrilling surf session in Sydney, you'll be riding a wave of excitement until the very last minute. Whether you’re living aboard a yacht sailing the magnificent Whitsunday Islands, visiting the iconic Sydney Opera House, or cuddling a koala at the Billabong Wildlife Sanctuary, you won’t have time to digest one amazing moment before another sneaks up on you. While you explore, pick up some community service hours aiding the Daintree Observatory in re-building the rainforest, one plant at a time.

Suzana

Australia trip with Go Beyond

My son, Rex went to Australia with Go Beyond. He had an amazing time. Excellent staff and service. I can't say enough good things about this company. Everything was very well planned and organized, starting with booking the flight through them.
An unforgettable trip! The kids spent time in Sidney and then flew to Whitsunday islands.
The summer before, my son went to the Caribbean with their sister company Action Quest, and spent time on Tortola.
Your child will get memories to last a lifetime.

Joshua

Quite a Lot

Australia is such a unique place, so it is really hard to actually see it all, but we practically did. Go Beyond's 3 week trip (Reef to Rainforest) showed me both the aboriginal side (The Tjapukai) and the more modern side (things such as the Sydney Opera House), so it was nice and well rounded. The diving was also amazing, the reefs were quite vibrant in the places we went to and there were plenty of sea turtles and sharks. The staff were really nice and would share stories of their other trips and some of the cultures they have experienced. The food was a bit lacking though for the days on land, since we were traveling around all we could really have were sandwiches and other bread related foods. But overall, the food is my only complaint, we had unique activities every day, and that is exactly what I came for.

Most meals were based on bread (toast, sandwiches, etc), so perhaps a new portable meal could be used.