View Other Details
Airport pickup and drop-off
Food (breakfast and lunch) and lodging
Weekly excursions and cultural activities
Amizade signature course (3 credits)
Transportation to all activities and excursions
Traveler and health insurance
Spanish classes (5 hours/week)
In-country support from the Bolivia site team 24/7
The “City of Eternal Spring,” vibrant and sprawling across a valley in the Andes, full of cuisines to sample and causes to support. A growing, modern city—home to thousands of indigenous people. Cochabamba makes an impression that will not soon be forgotten.
In this unique 10-week on the ground program, you'll take online classes at your home university, while living and working in the lively city of Cochabamba. You'll also have the option to take Spanish classes in Bolivia.
When you get to Cochabamba, the Amizade site director will help you set up your social action placement and weekly service. You'll likely be with an organization (10 hours a week or more) that focuses on one of these themes:
- Arts & Music
- Construction & Maintenance
- Cultural Heritage & Traditions
- Disability Services, Education & Teaching
- Environmental Sustainability & Conservation
- Women’s Empowerment
- Global Health, Indigenous Communities
- Take weekly excursions to breathtaking sites like Cristo de la Concordia, La Cancha market, Inkallaqta Inca site
- Get the most out of this experience with a homestay placement
- No credit transfers necessary! This program is more immersive, responsible, and borderless than traditional study abroad
- Not ready to go home? Pick another ten week block in the same or different country!
- Deadlines for fall semester as late as August 1