Do you want to live sustainably and learn how to build your own house via natural building (bioconstruction) techniques? Here at Eco Caminhos we truly believe in getting your hands dirty and letting you have a completely hands-on experience.
We want to give you, the volunteer, an experience that you will take away with you for a lifetime. Therefore our program is completely unique and completely customizable.
We tailor-make a schedule for each volunteer so they truly get the experience they want and need.
For 3 days of the week, you will gain knowledge and hands-on experience in sustainable living & technology, bio-construction, and organic farming at Eco Caminhos. The other 2 days of the week, Will be your days off, many of our volunteers choose to learn Portuguese, travel into Rio, or make a splash into the many activities like hiking and many more.
This gives you the chance to really feel part of the Brazillian culture and explore Brazil in whichever way you want.
- Hands on Bio Construction Work with induction & expert guidance
- All meals will be provided. Please note you may have to cook the meals, we find this is a great way to bond with fellow volunteers and eat together in true Brazillian fashion.
- Portuguese Lessons, We feel its important to become as integrated into the culture as possible and a 'bom dia' a day goes a long way! We will provide one hour of free portuguese lessons from native portuguese speakers for every week you stay with us.
- Support & Activities, Our support team will be there for you every step of the way, from your flights & visas to organising your weekends. We also schedule weekly activities such as hiking, football, workshops, park visits and much more!
- Many people rediscover themselves. People find their connection with nature.
Welcome to Eco Caminhos a self-sustaining Eco Farm situated in the beautiful Atlantic Forest mountain region in Brazil. We invite people from across the globe to join us and experience our simplistic lifestyle in a peaceful setting disconnected from the hectic world. At the farm, we follow the permaculture principals and you can learn about and practice bioconstruction (natural building), agroforestry ( syntrophic farming), and renewable energy. In your free time, you can share a nice healthy meal at a campfire, go hiking or do horseback riding in the mountains, jump under one of the amazing waterfalls or do a nice board game with the other residents. We offer you Portuguese classes and the possibility to live at the farm with other residents or submerge yourself in the local culture and language by doing a homestay with local families.