- Rio de Janeiro
View Other Details
Trusted by 113,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the most popular volunteer programs in Rio de Janeiro and 50+ other destinations around the world.
You can choose from 5 volunteer project options in Brazil and give back for periods ranging from 1 week to 24 weeks. Your Program Fee includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support. You’ll be accommodated in a volunteer hostel, with other like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.
IVHQ is trusted to support the meaningful adventures of thousands of volunteers every year, so before you even depart for Brazil, you’ll receive outstanding personalized service from your expert Volunteer Program Manager and exclusive access to superior pre-departure volunteer training.
With IVHQ, you can expect to establish real connections within the local community while supporting projects that make a genuine difference.
- IVHQ’s Brazil program is available year-round, starting on the first and third Monday of every month
- Highly affordable program fees starting from $545 for 2 weeks - IVHQ provides the most affordable and top-rated programs
- You’ll be joining between 20 and 50 other IVHQ volunteers who start in Rio de Janeiro each month
- You’ll be traveling with IVHQ, the volunteer travel experts, and joining a network of 110,000+ volunteers. Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart - we are the world’s safest organization
- Your efforts will have a positive impact because our programs are community-driven with a focus on supporting long-term local needs
You can get your hands on a range of different International Volunteer HQ sponsorships throughout the year, with the money you win going directly towards the cost of one of their two-week programs. You'll also get a flight voucher in the value of up to $1,000 from STA Travel and travel insurance to cover the duration of the program from World Nomads. Recent grants have included an “Alternative Break” scholarship, where Spring, Summer or Winter break programs were fully funded.