- Rio de Janeiro
View Other Details
Airport pickup, orientation, accommodation, meals are included in most of the programs (please check the description of your chosen program), support from the office staff, program supervision, in-country 24/7 support throughout your program, in-country administration costs and donation to support your local projects.
Registration fee is only $149 and covers marketing costs, pre-placement support from our staff, a complete country information guide, volunteer training booklet, fundraising guides and tips, administration costs, travel to run inspection visits in all locations, communication costs, and office staff.
Iko Poran offers a wide range of safe, affordable and responsible volunteer programs in Rio de Janeiro. These include Teaching, Childcare, Child Development, Community Development, Environmental Protection, Sports Development, Arts & Design, and a special program preparing costumes for the big Carnival parade. We have the perfect volunteer project that matches your skills and interests.
- Start dates: 1st and 3rd Sundays of every month
- Programs can last from 1 to 24 weeks
- You have Fridays and weekends off to relax and explore
- You receive an orientation covering the culture of Brazil and a tour of the city
- Programs with 4 weeks or more include a free 20 hours Portuguese course
- You’ll be joining the best-rated voluntary organization in Brazil with 17 years experience
- Ours is the most affordable program & registration fee in Brazil!
- Recognized as a Public Interest Organization since 2007
Apply today for the best travel experience
- We believe that volunteering shouldn’t cost the earth. Registration fee is only $ 149 and program fees start at only $400 for two weeks
- We are the only international volunteering organization to be based in a developing country that also runs its own projects. Most providers are profit-making travel companies based in First World nations.
- We are non-profit – fees received cover our costs and help us to achieve our mission by contributing to local programs. You pay the program fee directly to the local organization (in Brazil, this is Iko Poran)
- You take part in programs developed and operated by local partner organizations and their respective community councils
- We focus on providing a good experience for you - welcome, orientation, accommodation, placement and ongoing support.