Participate in ethical volunteering projects to support sustainable development in a variety of focus areas, such as; community, health, youth, and women’s empowerment. GVI measures its impact against the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals, and sets short, mid, and long-term objectives for each program.
Visit some of Cambodia’s most affluently built golden temples in Phnom Penh, or wonder at the age-old temple complex of Angkor Wat with a history spanning over 900 years. This is an opportunity to live and work among local communities, and learn about the culture and heritage. You could join traditional cooking classes in your spare time with local community leaders, or travel across the Mekong River with fellow volunteers from around the world. This is an immersive and ethical volunteer experience that works through collaboration, respect, and empowerment.
- Volunteer ethically to support the UN Sustainable Development Goals of a project.
- Travel to one of Cambodia’s most monumental UNESCO World Heritage Sites, Angkor Wat.
- Improve your practical skills through teaching, healthcare workshops, environmental awareness classes, economic empowerment initiatives, and youth development.
- Meet people from around the world, while also better understanding the culture of the local community.
- Become a global citizen as you expand your awareness on leading global issues, and actively engage in different cultural practices.
GVI has a Community Development Internship in Thailand!
This is an opportunity to learn more about Chiang Mai's local Karen hill tribe culture, gaining intercultural communication skills and valuable teaching experience.