GVI: Volunteer in Cambodia

We are proud to launch our new GVI Business Internships Abroad!

Business Internships Abroad are a great way to apply your business management and leadership skills, explore the world, experience new cultures, contribute to a sustainable cause and kickstart your career!

Journey to the Phnom Penh region in the magical country of Cambodia and help us make a sustainable impact in the local communities. Our participants assist in providing support to primary and secondary students, working with women empowerment organizations to assist with gender inequality initiatives and lending a hand wherever our help is requested. While in country, be sure to take part in some cultural activities like Khmer language lessons, Cambodian cooking classes or a visit to the local theaters for an Apsara dance performance.

Top Volunteer Projects in Cambodia:

• Short Term Community Development Internship In Cambodia: Gain valuable teaching experience while you contribute to sustainable development projects in the Phnom Penh region. Authentically experience the unique culture of Cambodia and do the groundwork for your future career now.
  • Volunteer Teaching In Cambodia: Journey to South East Asia to the country of Cambodia and help improve the community’s educational abilities and assist students to grow and discover their full potential. Teach English in this idyllic setting, at the meeting of the Mekong and Tonlé Sap rivers.
  • Women’s Empowerment In Cambodia: Help increase the local females’ access to education, while improving their employment opportunities and overall quality of life. Make a serious and sustainable difference in the lives of girls and women and explore the local area in your free time.

Nadia

Experience of a lifetime!

I made the decision that I wanted to volunteer abroad, from London to Cambodia, completely out of my comfort zone and far away from the London office where I have spent the last 10 years of my life. I love working with children, this was not the challenge for me initially, but more so the culture shock that I thought I would experience. I was wrong...the locals that I have spent the last month with, are nothing but lovely people who forever have a smile on their face : ) Teaching children, and watching them grow daily is so rewarding, and the sense of achievement you feel is indescribable. I would recommend anyone to do something like this once in their life - it opens your eyes and you learn so much about yourself which you can use to your advantage moving forward in your career, relationships, personal happiness and so on. Epic experience!

At this stage nothing can be improved - Lily and Avi are fantastic and are in the process of creating an excellent and efficient hub that will excel in the future. GVI should be proud to have such great ambassadors.
Jake

I'm already saving to come back

When I was looking around at the millions of volunteering opportunities, I found it really hard to tell the difference between those opportunities where you're just a tourist not really helping, and the projects where I could be of help in a constructive way. Luckily, when I arrived in Cambodia, one of the first things I was taught was what the UN Sustainable Development Goals were, and how GVI has them in mind in everything they do. It was really great to be a part of this project and I'm looking forward to going back next summer once I've saved up!

When I was in Cambodia, the project really was amazing and I don't know what could be made better, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it has developed by the time I go back!
Irena

Spectacular programme- life changing opportunity!

I had the privilege of working with GVI recently, and had a truly unforgettable time. I have worked with many local partners, students across the province of Kampong Cham and the dedicated GVI field staff.

The programme is sustainable and puts an emphasis on grassroots development as fundamental to sustainable development. I am proud to say that the opportunity to work with GVI has meaningfully contributed to the long term goals of GVI that are in union with the Sustainable Development Goals. This, to me, was very important when choosing who to work with and I am incredibly happy to say that this opportunity was exactly what I hoped for: meaningful, long-term development.

I would urge anyone who finds impact and long term development of primary importance to volunteer with the GVI Cambodia team.

I can honestly say no improvements can be made.

About Global Vision International (GVI)

GVI is an award-winning organisation that tackles critical local and global issues by operating education and training programs on sustainable development projects around the world.

Formed in 1997, we have been operating our award-winning...