We are proud to launch our new GVI Business Internships Abroad!
Travel to sunny South Africa and make a difference to critical conservation and community development programs. From working with underprivileged children to getting up close with the charismatic wildlife, there's an internship project for everyone in South Africa! GVI offers a variety of internships in South Africa including:
- Wildlife Conservation Internship in South Africa: This 22 week Internship starts with a 10 week wildlife research expedition. You will establish your field guide skills while obtaining in-depth knowledge of African game, their habitats and conservation techniques, receiving a BTEC in Supervision of Biological Surveys.
- South Africa Wildlife Conservation Short-Term Internship: Gain invaluable work experience and contribute directly to the conservation of Africa when you intern on a private Big Five game reserve. Learn about habitat restoration, contribute to community outreach programs, track wild animals and study their behavior.
- Teaching and Community Development Internship in South Africa: Some communities in this cultural country are extremely impoverished and need support. Our internship does just that - we give you the opportunity to develop your teaching skills at educare centers and schools in a township close to Cape Town. Enrich your career by helping children in need!
- Community Development Short-Term Internship in Cape Town: Provide the children with much needed educational enhancement through educational games, arts and crafts, and help create a fun, safe and creative learning environment. Experience life in the Mother City as you gain valuable work experience!
- Safari Field Guide Course in South Africa: Join our accredited Field Guide course and forward your conservation career when you spend 23 weeks training in the iconic South African bush. This region is one of the best wildlife locations in the country. Gain skills and qualifications and join the optional placement to gain experience and secure the best possible start to your career.
- Business and Micro-Enterprise Internships in Cape Town: Use your theoretical training skills to work with developing entrepreneurs in the local community, assisting them with developing their small microenterprise businesses. Challenge yourself and gain practical experience while steering your own career in the right direction.