Pod Volunteer | Animal Rescue and Conservation in Cambodia

Elephant Conservation in Cambodia

Join one of Pod Volunteer's projects in Cambodia and be a part of the local teams' efforts to conserve bear and elephant populations!

Bear Rescue: Work with local keepers to help care for over 120 Sun and Moon Bears that have experienced mistreatment and provide them love and enrichments in tropical Cambodia. Live near the bustling colourful city of Phnom Penh.

Elephant Conservation: Assist at a sanctuary which provides a home for rescued Asian elephants. Observe gentle giants in their natural forest habitat and assist the team in conducting elephant health checks. This is a perfect project for elephant lovers who want to explore off the beaten track and explore Cambodia!

Spaces to join in 2019, 2020 and 2021!

The lovely Pod Volunteer team will support you from helping you to prepare for volunteering and travelling overseas, to providing 24/7 back up while you are away, we are here to support you every step of the way.

Visit our website today and we can help you start your own volunteering journey!

Lisa

Bear Rescue Project, Cambodia

My scores speak for themselves! Cambodia is a wonderful country and I felt very safe wherever I went - the people are engaging and very welcoming, always smiling and willing to help. But the stars were of course the bears! I had the most amazing experience and it was an absolute privilege to be so close to such fantastic animals. The bears are intelligent, funny and delightful - my biggest challenge was not being able to cuddle them! I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this experience and hope more volunteers will sign up to support the Bear Rescue team in Cambodia with the wonderful and extraordinarily worthwhile work they do in caring for these wonderful animals.