Learn Spanish & Volunteer in Santa Teresa – a jungle surf camp hidden in tropical forest yet within a roar of the Pacific Ocean.
As well as Spanish lessons and meaningful volunteering placements, explore and enjoy the beautiful nature of Nicoya Peninsula and get a real feel for the biodiversity of this special part of the world.
You will be based at ‘Jakera Jungle Surf Camp’ where we have created a jungle paradise complete with swimming pool overlooked by a rich tropical forest bursting with wildlife including red squirrels, howler monkeys and tiny magical hummingbirds. We are a 5 min walk from the cool cafes, bars and shops that line the 6km stretch of road and beach that make up Playa Santa Teresa/Playa El Carmen.
Help preserve precious ecosystems - including turtle conservation - and raise the quality of life for local people. Enjoy a great social life and adventure activities including world-class surfing during your free time.
- Turtles! Make a connection with the natural world by protecting the eggs and hatchlings of Olive Ridley, Black Turtle, Hawksbill and Leatherback species who visit our beaches at night to nest.
- Our jungle surf camp is so called because we are nestled in a tropical forest with tropical birds and monkeys for neighbours... yet with 5 minutes walk from the beach!
- Our beach is one of the top 10 surf destinations in the world... a truly stunning location and great to unwind after a busy day...
- Work alongside the ‘Santa Teresa Lifeguards’ helping with beach conservation to enhance this beautiful location.
- Support the local 'Waterkeepers' with our tropical forest conservation efforts including helping with our tree nursery to ensure indigenous trees flourish.