Costa Rica Volunteer Program

Costa Rica Volunteer Program

Las Olas Travel aims to combine the adventure of travel with the compassion of volunteering. We are starting a movement of conscious, responsible travelers!

Our programs are coordinated start to finish for you, so that you can enjoy the adventure without the stress of planning! We handle volunteer placement, in-country transportation, housing, 3 daily meals and even include two tours!! Stress-free travel has never been easier!

Our Costa Rica program allows travelers to work with local children teaching English, plant trees in our reforestation project, and work with exotic animals in our rehabilitation project. We want applicants that are hardworking, compassionate & love adventures because our program is full of adventure and volunteer work.

Costa Rica
Accommodations and meals, in-country transportation including airport pick up and drop off, volunteer placement, included tours, 24/7 in-country support, and spanish immersion classes
* Flights are not included but our coordinators will be happy to help arrange group travel of more than 10*

Just the beginning

I traveled with Las Olas my senior year of college to Costa Rica. It was an amazing opportunity where I gained hands on experience, learned life history, diet and care for the wildlife at 'Costa Rica Animal Rescue Center'. Getting to learn about wildlife in a setting where we weren't exploiting or harming wildlife as many touristy spots do made it all that much better for this animal lover. I was also able to make friendships and have some extra fun traveling to other parts of the country while making a difference. This trip opened my eyes to the beauty of Costa Rica and the beauty of travel and has since inspired me to travel more. Couldn't ask for a better experience!

Costa Rica Animal Sanctuary

Out of the many places I have traveled to outside the United States, going to Costa Rica has hands down been the most memorable. Not only did I get to explore the fun and hip beach town on the coast and go snorkeling in the ocean while hunting for fresh local coconuts to drink from in a small island, but I also got to feel more connected to the local community/non tourist part of Costa Rica. Volunteering at the animal sanctuary/rehabilitation center filled my heart for the love of all the animals there and their unique stories of how they got to there and how much love and care they deserved from humans. Every day I looked forward to holding and cuddling with the sweet sloths, as well as meal prepping and feeding the baby howler monkey there. At the sanctuary, we were fed by the hosts with different combination preps of rice and beans, and lots of tasty fruit! I would absolutely love to go back!

Las Olas Adventurin'

Got to hold sloths, experience the downtown scene of Costa Rica (totally different than Texas), and fully submerge ourselves in a different culture with wonderful people. Had an awesome time, even though I hardly spoke any spanish. Some tips include packing light and further appreciating/understanding how people live here. If you're alright with cold showers and hot days, as well as black beans and rice, then you'll do great. This was a volunteering experience, so don't be afraid to get your hands dirty. Solid time with Rachel and Lauren; great people!

Costa Rica volunteer

Experiencing the culture of Costa Rica was amazing and the people there are so friendly, but my favorite part of my trip would have to be the reforestation. I could tell we were really making a difference however big. I also loved the animal rehabilitation because I love animals and helping ones that need a little extra love was wonderful. Especially since they were exotic animals that you don't really see often in the states unless you frequent the zoo. The monkeys and sloths were my favorite.

About Las Olas Travel

Las Olas Travel is a sustainable volunteer program designed to help global communities. We offer a responsible travel experience in which travelers have the chance to make a positive impact volunteering while exploring a new culture. We aim to...