Renowned for its world-class abundance of wildlife and being the "happiest country on earth", Costa Rica is unrivaled in its natural beauty. This program gives families an amazing opportunity to explore the different areas of central Costa Rica and lend a hand at a wildlife rescue center. Children of all ages have a deep connection with nature, and Costa Rica is the perfect place to nurture this passion!
Our Purpose: Despite Costa Rica's reputation for being a leader in sustainability, there is environmental pressure due to its growing population. The rate of deforestation is slowing increasing, and the number of wild animals that are injured by cars and electrical lines continues to grow. Spend a morning with a rural community in the highlands planting trees and learning about life in their town. Once we arrive on the Pacific coast, spend a morning volunteering at a wildlife rescue center and get up close to sloths, spider monkeys, marmosets, and many more species.
- Begin your journeys in La Fortuna, the center of geological wonders, and help out at a wildlife rescue center where you'll spot wildlife such as toucans, sloths, and spider monkeys
- Hike through the treetops of a cloud forest in Monteverde on hanging bridges
- Visit the base of the Arenal Volcano and rejuvenate in a natural hot springs
- Visit the district capital of Quepos (zip lining and rafting available for the adventurous traveler!)
- Stay in several bed and breakfast style lodges from the rainforests of Monteverde to the Pacific coastline of Quepos