The Most Affordable Volunteer in Costa Rica - 25K happy Volunteers Since 2006

Are the tropics calling your name? Do you want to explore a magical country while helping to improve life there for the locals? Costa Rica is a tropical delight and the jewel in the crown of Central America; however, it is a developing country with much-needed aid for the country’s real problems, such as social imbalance and healthcare.
We offer countless volunteer projects in Costa Rica including teaching English, working with orphans, environmental conservation and more – If you can dream it, we have a volunteer opportunity in Costa Rica that can fullfil it. Not only will you be giving back to the people of Costa Rica, but you will be taking in the immense beauty of the gorgeous beaches and flourishing jungles while doing so.

Grab your keyboard and write us an email right now, while you’re thinking about how fantastic this could be.

• The world’s most affordable volunteer programs – starting at $ 140
  • Low Fees are paid directly to host families and projects with absolutely no middlemen!
  • Experience the personal satisfaction of improving the lives of those in need who desperately need assistance.
  • Your one-time low fee cover accommodations, food, project costs, and support by expert and trustworthy local staffs.
  • Your safety is our utmost priority. We fully understand it can feel intimidating to be far from home in an unfamiliar country. But you’ll never feel alone with our 24/7 expert support staff and services.

Arthur

Beautiful Country, Great Project

It was really fun to be in an international camp like this, with people coming from around the world. It was great to discover turtle’s life and learn about how we can protect them. The staffs were always present to help, support and were very kind. The schedule was different each day. Costa Rica is a safe, beautiful country with lots of natural beauty. The accommodation was also fine. I’m very grateful to IFRE and to ASVPA for organizing such an amazing mission in Matapalo.

Volunteers can be offered some sort of sports activities when they are not in charge with hatchery. Increasing the night shifts could be very exciting for volunteers. Finally, informing local people and tourists about why is it important to protect turtles and nature will improve this program even more.
Susan

Wildlife Program (Natuwa)

My volunteering experience with my friend at the Wildlife Sanctuary was amazing. The Program surpassed our expectations. People of Costa Rica are very friendly and welcoming. IFRE and its country support staff were very good, always caring for us and making sure everything thing was done as planned.

Weather, people, animals were all amazing in Costa Rica. It is hard for me to explain in words the beauty of Costa Rica and it’s wonderful animals. One must come and explore from themselves. The conservation project was very helpful, I learned a lot and finally I also got a chance to meet new friends from all over the world.

I would recommend the trip to anyone who loves wildlife and wants to experience Costa Rica. We will definitely come back to Costa Rica and volunteer with IFRE again in the near future. Thank you!!!

The site could be made more environmentally sustainable using recycling and solar options.
Jenisha

Turtle Conservation Program in Costa Rica

I enjoyed the program very much right from inception to the end. I arrived at the airport and Yeal was waiting for me outside with my name on the Ply board. I was then taken to my host family, who were very nice, accommodating and friendly. The next day I started the program. The first day activities included watching the turtles, analyzing their behavior. Measuring their size and weight, helping and feeding the injured turtles and releasing them once they are recover.

It was definitely a great experience.

Increasing the number of turtles in the off season.

About IFRE Volunteers Abroad

IFRE Volunteers, a leading U.S. volunteer abroad organization, specializes in ongoing, year-round projects available from 1 week to 12 weeks in 20 countries throughout Asia, Africa and Latin America. Wherever you choose to go, your IFRE volunteer...