- Dominican Republic
- Santo Domingo
View Other Details
-Roundtrip flight from Miami to the Dominican Republic
-Travel health insurance
Journey to the mountain towns of the Dominican Republic and live alongside the rural community you will be serving. With little cellphone service, electricity, or running water, you'll come to understand first-hand the lifestyle of the millions living in rural poverty.
In eight days, we'll complete the construction of a water or sanitation project. The communities we work in either lack access to running water safe for drinking, or lack access to hygienic bathrooms. In a water project, our team will construct a gravity-driven water system to connect every home with access to clean water. In a sanitation project, families without bathrooms will have ventilated improved pit latrines built adjacent to their homes.
Prepare to get your hands dirty carrying pipes, digging trenches, mixing cement, and building latrines. You'll work alongside other volunteers and locals, get to know their stories, and accomplish a major infrastructure milestone for their community.
- Travel with a group of like-minded volunteers for 7+ days.
- Work alongside locals to accomplish together a major infrastructure milestone.
- See the project's completion from start to finish.
- Participate in a Women's Empowerment workshop.
- Take a step outside of your comfort zone and learn from the locals about life, passions, and happiness.