- Dominican Republic
- Santo Domingo
View Other Details
Aldeas de Paz operates a Community Attention Center (CAC) in Samana where our local team consists of teachers, therapists, social workers and a pedagogue who help our beneficiaries from underprivileged communities both individually and as families. At our CAC and also through outreach programs in the neighborhoods we build community support for youth care. We provide a recreational, therapeutic and educational space in which each participant can develop their own skills through games and the arts, active participation in the community and social interaction.
Aldeas de Paz offers educational support accompanied by awareness activities on inclusion and diversity. Committed volunteers are always welcome since there is constant need for one to one attention and tutoring and sport classes (Football for Peace project). We place volunteers to assist our local team to attend our beneficiaries at the center and on home visits.
- Organize and lead intercultural events and regular meetings for local community members and international volunteers, expats and travelers with cross-cultural activities fostering exchange and integration.
- Assist in our school with recreational, developmental and therapeutic activities for children and young adults with special needs
- Bring joy into the lives of disadvantaged children by taking care of them and playing with them and let their smiles brighten up your day!
- Get fluent in Spanish by receiving up to six free Spanish lessons per week.
- Make memories that will last a lifetime while traveling the Caribbean.
We are involved in youth, family and community development as well. We promote leadership and life skills, healthy lifestyle and constructive use of freetime through skill training like language classes, computer literacy, first aid workshops and swimming classes. Volunteers join our staff on family home visits and assist with empowerment and educational workshops as well as community building activities in direct contact with community members from low income neighbourhoods in Samana. We are building community support for youth development and engaging support of parents/caregivers. Intermediate Spanish is required.