Become a Global Health Volunteer in Ecuador!

Swing at the Edge of the World
Swing at the Edge of the World
Group Photo
Group Photo
Health Fair
Health Fair
Volunteers helping out at a health fair.
Volunteers helping out at a health fair.
A volunteer taking vitals at a health fair.
A volunteer taking vitals at a health fair.
Volunteers enjoying some free time by going snorkeling!
Volunteers enjoying some free time by going snorkeling!
Project Aconcito, Ecuador
Project Aconcito, Ecuador
A volunteer helping to take glucose levels.
A volunteer helping to take glucose levels.

FIMRC's Project Anconcito, located on the outermost peninsula of Ecuador, focuses on bringing improved care and health education to this coastal community's underserved population.

Project Anconcito thrives on the efforts of volunteers! Whether you're taking glucose levels on patients in our diabetes group, leading a health session with the local youth group, measuring height and weight of children in our nutrition program, or teaching health education to our youth basketball team, your efforts allow us to better serve the community. As FIMRC's newest project site, the community members of Anconcito welcome FIMRC volunteers with open arms. Assist with volunteer activities during the week, and on the weekends, relax and explore the beautiful coastal town of Anconcito!

FIMRC is proud to be a grassroots sustainable organization. Volunteer with FIMRC and make an impact with an organization that's working in the community even long after your trip!

Enroll now for the Summer International Health Fellowship!

Spots are filling up fast for our summer fellowship in several of our locations! Click below to learn more!

Madison

The Best 10 Days

The staff with FIMRC, especially at the Anconcito sight, made our trip amazing. We went as a group of 15 volunteers from an university. Everyday is different and robust with community activities. You never will be bored or feel like you didn't get to achieve something. Lusia's relationship with community makes you feel like you are a member of it from the second you arrive from the guest house. I am a college student and do not have a ton of medical experience, but the staff allowed us time to practice and brush up on our skills. The guest house and cooking staff was so accommodating to personal allergies or other needs. They made us feel at home in a place many miles away. I am so thankful for this experience and couldn't recommend it more highly.

Take advantage of every opportunity and explore the local communities!
Nick

Trip of a Lifetime

I went on a trip with the La Crosse Chapter of FIMRC at UW-La Crosse and I can’t say enough about how great the experience was. We went to Project Anconcito in Ecuador and I met some of the most amazing people. The Site Manager Natalie was the most pleasant passionate person I’ve ever met and everyone was so welcoming. Not only did I have a blast but I learned so much there. I dearly miss my amazing host family who did such a fantastic job of making my friends and I feel like family. Can’t wait to return to Ecuador as well as additional trips to the other FIMRC sites all over the world!

Literally nothing. Amazing experience
Hannah

FIMRC Anconcito Experience

Visiting and volunteering in Ecuador was one of the most exciting and invigorating experiences of my life. I achieved clinical experience, a whole new perspective, and got to travel to places I never dreamed of. I am now pursuing a public health major, because I got to experience health education in the amazing Anconcito community firsthand, through assisting with flu shots and teaching kids how to improve their lifestyle through a community health fair. It was so much fun and definitely eye opening. The staff was phenomenal and I would go back in a heartbeat! A tip from me would be to brush up on learning Spanish; knowing at least conversational Spanish makes the experience at lot easier and increases your incorporation into the community! I would also recommend setting a few days aside to visit the tourist parts of the country. I went snorkeling, canyoning, visit many beaches, and even go on the swing at the end of the world! Ecuador is amazing and the FIMRC program there is just as great. I 100% recommend it!

Recommend bringing quite a few smaller bills to Ecuador in the predeparture packet! Breaking bigger bills was difficult at times since everything is so cheap.