Become a Global Health Volunteer in Ecuador!

Swing at the Edge of the World
Swing at the Edge of the World
Group Photo
Group Photo
Health Fair
Health Fair
Project Aconcito, Ecuador
Project Aconcito, Ecuador

FIMRC's Project Anconcito, located on the outermost peninsula of Ecuador, focuses on bringing improved care and health education to this coastal community's underserved population.

Project Anconcito thrives on the efforts of volunteers! Whether you're giving a health education session at a local school, conducting home health visits, taking vital signs in the local clinic, or leading a health session with the local youth groups, your efforts allow us to better serve the community. As FIMRC's newest project site, volunteers also play important roles in the site's development through assisting with initial community health diagnostics, which will determine the future of the site's public health programming.

Over the course of your trip you'll receive an unfiltered experience in health care field work abroad, and learn about the tremendous impact that even one person can have! No previous medical experience is required!

Nick

Trip of a Lifetime

I went on a trip with the La Crosse Chapter of FIMRC at UW-La Crosse and I can’t say enough about how great the experience was. We went to Project Anconcito in Ecuador and I met some of the most amazing people. The Site Manager Natalie was the most pleasant passionate person I’ve ever met and everyone was so welcoming. Not only did I have a blast but I learned so much there. I dearly miss my amazing host family who did such a fantastic job of making my friends and I feel like family. Can’t wait to return to Ecuador as well as additional trips to the other FIMRC sites all over the world!

Literally nothing. Amazing experience
Hannah

FIMRC Anconcito Experience

Visiting and volunteering in Ecuador was one of the most exciting and invigorating experiences of my life. I achieved clinical experience, a whole new perspective, and got to travel to places I never dreamed of. I am now pursuing a public health major, because I got to experience health education in the amazing Anconcito community firsthand, through assisting with flu shots and teaching kids how to improve their lifestyle through a community health fair. It was so much fun and definitely eye opening. The staff was phenomenal and I would go back in a heartbeat! A tip from me would be to brush up on learning Spanish; knowing at least conversational Spanish makes the experience at lot easier and increases your incorporation into the community! I would also recommend setting a few days aside to visit the tourist parts of the country. I went snorkeling, canyoning, visit many beaches, and even go on the swing at the end of the world! Ecuador is amazing and the FIMRC program there is just as great. I 100% recommend it!

Recommend bringing quite a few smaller bills to Ecuador in the predeparture packet! Breaking bigger bills was difficult at times since everything is so cheap.

About Foundation for International Medical Relief of Children

The Foundation for International Medical Relief of Children (FIMRC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the health of families in the developing world through innovative and self-sustainable health programs. Operating since 2002, we...