A wonderful project for those who want to help mistreated animals to be rehabilitated where possible, or live out their days in comfort and safety within the grounds of this fantastic sanctuary.
In approximately 8 hectares of beautiful Ecuadorian woodland, you will be volunteering with about 35 species of native animals that have previously been kept in cages in inadequate zoos or used in the illegal pet trade. From big cats to primates, from birds to caimans, there are some incredible animals here that need your help.
You will be helping with feeding, providing enrichments and interacting hands-on with many animals. You will be cleaning, building structures, performing general maintenance around the sanctuary, and pitching in with other volunteers through cooking and cleaning in the communal areas.
Your wonderful log cabin accommodation is located in the heart of the sanctuary and you will be sharing with other like-minded volunteers.
- Work with a wide variety of incredible animals, helping to give them a life as close to the wild as possible.
- Live on the fringes of the Amazon rainforest, and enjoy exploring this amazing environment in your free time.
- Enjoy white water rafting, bungee jumps, hot pools and more on your weekends.
- Live and work with likeminded volunteers from all around the world.
- Gain valuable experience, perfect for any resume.