Swim with friendly sea lions, snorkel with sea turtles, watch iguanas bask in the sun, and meet with giant tortoises up close while helping out at a tortoise reserve in the Galapagos Islands in Ecuador. Make memories on this exciting small group family volunteer adventure while experiencing one of the world's most unique and pristine destinations.
The trip will begin in Quito, capital of Ecuador. Participants will explore the cobblestone streets of the city and then later venture off to several islands including Isabela, Santa Cruz, North Seymour, and Pinzon. Along the way, discover the pristine wildlife on the uninhabited islands.
Your Purpose: Despite the strict environmental protections, many invasive plant species have been introduced to the Galapagos crowding out native species that the animals depend on. Volunteer at a sanctuary for giant tortoises helping remove invasive plants and get up close to these animals while learning about protecting their natural habitat.
- Get up close to giant tortoises while volunteering at a conservation sanctuary
- Snorkel with penguins, reef sharks and sea lions in the clear waters
- See first-hand the unique biodiversity that has inspired scientists for generations
- Kayak in search of the famed blue-footed booby
- Go island hopping to get a real feel for the wildlife that lives in the Galapagos