Join an environmental program in Las Tolas, Ecuador! Volunteers stay in a wooden cottage located within a nature reserve in the rainforest and they are mostly responsible for the following tasks:
- Trail building and maintenance: work on a 5-kilometer rainforest trail originally created by local owners; straighten out the land; replace wooden steps; clear vegetation and fallen branches, amongst others
- Organic garden: help water the plants of a small vegetable garden created for self-sufficiency; plant seeds; produce compost; remove weeds; amongst others
- Fruit-feeding station maintenance: clean and refill twice a week the banana feeders built for specific (rare) bird and mammal species
- Carpentry work
- Work in a multicultural team of international volunteers and local workers.
- Help preserve bird and mammal species found in an Ecuadorian nature reserve.
- Learn about Ecuadorian society, its values, and habits.