Volunteer Abroad - BaseCamp Ecuador

Volunteer Abroad - BaseCamp Ecuador

Since 2003, Volunteer BaseCamp has been working with volunteers and community driven organizations in Ecuador. A wide variety of placements include childcare, youth and educational programs as well as countless environmental and wildlife conservations projects.

Placement locations in Ecuador vary from trendy, bustling cities to isolated, island reserves. Volunteers can experience true Ecuadorian culture and life by visiting local attractions, and the nearby Galapagos Islands offer an endless variety of environmental wonders.

Our thorough and unique vetting process assures that our volunteers are placed with a project that not only benefits from their specific skill set, but is also something they can be passionate about

South America » Ecuador » Quito
South America » Ecuador » Galapagos
South America » Ecuador
If you do decide to have BaseCamp help arrange your placement, our registration fee is 250 USD. After that, you do not have to pay us for anything unless you would like us to arrange your accommodation, meals and training overseas.

Jen
Chester, UK
University of Liverpool

Difficult organisation but GREAT RESULT!

I was assigned a hospital in the Galapagos Islands upon my request to Volunteer Basecamp for a medical elective placement. The organisation of this proved very difficult and unfortunately at the last minute, I had to change islands. However, Alejandra was very supportive throughout and everything worked out wonderfully.
I did my elective in Hospital Republica del Ecuador on Santa Cruz island. I found this elective excellent in every way. The staff were brilliant and very friendly. I was given a wide variety of experiences and responsibilities relevant to my professional level (which is high, as a final year medical student).
As its a very small hospital, I was rotated around based on where was most busy. I worked in A&E, surgery and obstetrics.

Overall a wonderful experience which I would highly recommend to anyone!

Better communication between me, Ale and hospital personnel.

L
Kingston
Queen's University

Teaching Volunteer in Ecuador

I had a wonderful experience with (BaseCamps) volunteer abroad and would recommend it to others interested in volunteering abroad. It has changed my goals and ideas about my future. I want to return to south america as soon as possible to continue my education in spanish and to be living in such a unique and wonderful place. The staff that you employ in country are wonderful caring people who are there to help you with everything you need. Tess was wonderful for support 24 hours a day and helping you feel comfortable with your placement and transition to working. Daniel was wonderful with orientation and was always available for helping to plan weekend trips for us volunteers. As a result, I spent every weekend traveling and learning about Ecuador. Isabel, our housekeeper and Paulina, the language instructor were both wonderful. I was able to practice spanish with them and they made you feel at home. Overall, it was a fabulous experience.

slow at answering my emails and requests. Many times I had to make a phone call to head office in order to find an answer. This was frustrating because many of these inquiries could have been simply answered.

Volunteer BaseCamp has been connecting independent volunteers with small grass-roots organizations in Asia, Africa and Latin America since 1998. We have developed an extensive database of specific volunteer placements in each country that you can review for free from our website and our team overseas