Make a Difference - Volunteer in Ecuador

Make a Difference - Volunteer in Ecuador

With Spirit Cultural Exchange, you can work alongside Ecuadorians and help with ongoing projects that support the community. Volunteering options are fully customizable. All participants can also learn or improve on Spanish language skills while carrying out volunteer work.

Consider following in the steps of past recipients of our Volunteer Abroad Scholarship and brighten the day of seniors gathering at the local senior center or elementary students staying out of trouble on summer break with a day camp. Your specific interests and skills might be the perfect match for one of our projects in Ecuador!

South America » Ecuador » Quito
South America » Ecuador » Guayaquil
South America » Ecuador » Galapagos
South America » Ecuador » Amazon
South America » Ecuador
Cost includes: written materials abroad, registration fees, in-country staff support, in-country orientation/training, food, and housing.
Annual scholarships available - announced early each year

Audrey
Loyola University New Orleans

My Volunteer Experience in Ecuador

My whole trip in Ecuador was amazing!! Spirit Cultural Exchanged helped me through every step of the process before and during my travels, and they made sure that I felt comfortable and safe the entire time. Even though they planned it on short notice, they thought of every detail in advance. When I arrived, my host family welcomed me and practiced Spanish with me whenever possible. They made me feel at home, and my roommate was fantastic! My volunteer program was so much fun; I worked in a daycare and met many amazing people. I was able to go on weekend trips almost every weekend, and I'm so grateful to have gone on this adventure.

The Simon Bolivar school could give a bit more of an organized orientation before they send the volunteers to their first day of work.

Mackenzie
Minneapolis

Spirit Exchange Changed My Viewpoint

What a wonderful volunteer program Spirit Cultural Exchange is. Throughout my three weeks volunteering in Ecuador, I had constant support. The staff at Spirit Exchange and Simon Bolivar School (their partners in Quito) were always friendly and willing to help in any circumstance. They were very well organized and prepared for anything to help make my stay as comfortable as could be. I couldn't have asked for a better organization to volunteer with.

Molly
Chicago, IL
Illinois State University

Spirit Cultural Exchange in Ecuador

My time in Ecuador was amazing. The staff at Spirit Cultural Exchange were very responsive and helpful prior to my trip and throughout my time in Ecuador. The teachers and staff at Simon Bolivar Spanish school were very welcoming and excited to show me around Quito. My host family made me feel so comfortable and at home during my four weeks in my new home. Everyone at my volunteer project was very grateful and excited to have me there, I felt I was making a direct impact on the individuals I helped. Overall, my time is Ecuador went very smoothly and I would not change a thing. I couldn't ask for more helpful, supportive people that the staff at Spirit Cultural Exchange.

Danielle
Valparaiso
Valparaiso University

Spirit is the Only and Best Way to Travel!

This program was absolutely amazing. I was more than blessed with this opportunity to be abroad for this part of the summer. I have learned so much about not only Ecuador and its culture, but I have learned so much about myself. Traveling alone is a foreign country is one of the best ways to get to know yourself on a deeper and more personal level. Spirit Cultural Exchange has been such a great blessing and made this miracle trip happen for me. They helped to organize and plan all my trip details and helped to give me the opportunity to serve, grow and explore in Ecuador. I am so grateful! They're the best.

Program is great!

Spirit Cultural Exchange offers young people from all over the world the opportunity to be more than just a tourist. Since hosting our first group of university students on the J1 Work and Travel program in 2002, we have offered personalized programs and careful support