Volunteer in Xela, Guatemala- Lowest Fees & Trusted Since 2003

Volunteer in Xela
Volunteer in Xela

Is it time for a real change in your life? Do you want to do something that will engage your sense of wonder and excitement? When you join a volunteer program in Xela, Guatemala, you will find new life, new vision, new friends, and memories that endure forever.

Guatemala is known as the country of eternal spring. It seems that everything is newly alive in this majestic land, full of beauty and rich with culture. Travelers visit Guatemala for its captivating landscapes and breathtaking biodiversity. You will have the chance to see the sights and fully immerse yourself in the exquisite ethnic culture.
The people of Guatemala are as delightful as the land around them. You will find your spirit warmed by interacting with them, and discover, again, that giving truly is receiving. Our volunteering overseas in Xela, Guatemala program will guide you every step of the way, so you can relax and enjoy the process.

• Join thousands of volunteers on affordable programs helping to change the world one family at a time
  • Guaranteed lowest program fees in the US – starting at $110 per week.
  • Contribute in the way that is most meaningful to you and get a life changing experience.
  • Your fees directly benefit the volunteer project – there are no middlemen
  • Your safety is always our priority… every volunteer location has been thoroughly vetted

Kotaro

Red Cross

In this program actually you are going to work in Rruz Roja Guatemala. I had a really good experience over there. What I did was basically helping nurses and preparation for the treatments. I got a ride of ambulance sometimes and it was actually very cool because you really can enter someone’s house and you will make a contact with real life of the people. That’s cool experience isn’t it??? In the clinic you will see various types of people, which helps me create the population image. Nobody speak English so you definitely need Spanish.
But honestly the homestay was not really good, the food was horrible and unhealthy... strangers come in and out all the time to use the shower room... thanks god that no body steal anything from me...
Anyway the experience itself in the hospital was splendid I would say. Thank you for the support.

Homestay honestly it was not acceptable for more than one month
Response from Global Crossroad

Dear Kotaro,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your experience in the hospital and working hands-on with the people. Yes. we understand that Spanish is very important in Guatemala.

I am really sorry about the food and accommodation. We are looking into this matter. Thank you for letting us know. We will ensure none of our future volunteers will have this issue ever again.

Thank you for volunteering with us and we wish you all the best!

Anneli

Teaching in Santa Maria (Rural Village) outside of Xela, Guatemala

In March, 2018, my husband Greg and I -- both recently retired professionals, me a teacher -- had the amazing opportunity of teaching in a Mayan village about an hour outside of Xela, Guatemala. This was a super supportive school, with colourful classrooms, appreciative staff, friendly students, and an encouraging administration who actually asked us to present a Professional Education session to his staff on HOW to teach English as a Second Language (with games, songs, posters etc). We LOVED every day in the school. Our homestay was fine and the chicken bus rides a bit scary, but our Spanish classes were helpful, and our weekend tours of Guatemala were fabulous. On the whole, we highly recommend this volunteer adventure trip, and we gained real insights into Guatemalan life. We are already planning for Ecuador for 2019.

Slightly better food (more vegetables) at our homestay.
Brent

Xela mission trip

I had an amazing experience during my time in Guatemala. Our host family was very kind and accommodated us well, and the global crossroad staff helped us tremendously with logistics and helping us get familiar with the city. The staff helped us find good locations where we were able to work and help out the community with physical therapy. The global cross roads team assisted us with communication and making sure that we arrived safely to our destinations for providing services. The city itself was beautiful; there are plenty of restaurants and shops to visit which are in safe locations. Xela was also a very scenic city, there are plenty of places in or around the city where we were able to walk and hike up trails to further explore the city as well as finding great views. I would highly recommend for anyone looking to help out the community while also being able to do fun activities as well!

Kentoku

Excellent Experience!

Having been to several service trips in the past, this was my first ever medical service trip I took part in with my physical therapy group, and I was not sure what to expect from this trip. It was a truly amazing experience working with the people of Xela, Guatemala, and I gained so much from this trip. Despite our language barriers, the patients expressed so much appreciation for our services, and it helped me rekindle my purpose of why I chose to pursue physical therapy. Guatemala is such a beautiful country, and I would love to go back someday!

I would highly recommend other physical therapy programs to take part in this program. It is a great way to get immersed in Latin American culture and beauty, and we really appreciated the staff for making our inaugural service trip possible!

Cassie

Great Experience!

Our physical therapy group had a great time volunteering in Xela. It was very rewarding treating patients that otherwise wouldn't have access to these services. The support of the staff in Guatemala was fantastic and there were many fun excursion activities around Xela. I'd recommend the hot springs, Lake Atitlan, and zip lining.

I would recommend this program to future students. As with any international service program, be prepared to step outside of your comfort zone. You will be immersed in a different culture. Staying with a host family was a unique experience. We were able to live and share meals with a Guatemalan family. We are very happy with our experience and the work the staff did to make everything possible. Enjoy your trip!

About Global Crossroad

Global Crossroad, LLC is one of the world's fastest growing international volunteer vacation organizations. Its ever-expanding programs offer a variety of volunteer and travel programs in 18 different countries throughout Asia, Africa, Europe, and...