Make a REAL difference in Honduras - From just $269!

Volunteer abroad in Honduras with Love Volunteers and join other volunteers on a variety of projects in La Ceiba. Love Volunteers offers many ways for participants to give back to local communities, including teaching, HIV/AIDS volunteering, healthcare volunteering, working at an orphanage, and various other programs working with children. Volunteers stay with a host family and can also enroll in language classes during their time in Honduras. Visit our website for more details!

Current Love Volunteers Programs in Honduras:

Medical Internship
Community Educational Development
Teaching English

Volunteer anywhere from 1 week to 24 months
Make a noticeable impact in the communities you serve by working with local NGOs and Love Volunteers
Stay with a host family

Sarah

There are No Words

There are no words that can adequately describe how AMAZING my experience in Honduras was, thanks to Love Volunteers! Prior to starting my program, Love Volunteers helped me to feel pretty prepared for what was in store for me.

I was able to spend my mornings loving on precious children at an orphanage/daycare, just playing with them and hugging their sweet little faces. I also helped out the teachers there by passing out materials and supervising the children during their activities, helping them when needed. In the afternoon, I was able to take Spanish classes (with a great teacher who really helped me a lot) in order to better be able to communicate successfully with those around me during my trip. After that, I was free to do whatever I pleased - explore the city, see a movie, hang out at the mall, etc.

I was placed with an INCREDIBLE host family who took me in as if I were a part of their family. They were compassionate and loving towards me, and they were patient with my lack of Spanish skills. My host family truly helped with immersion in the culture of La Ceiba.

I was honestly terrified when I first started my program, because it was the first time I had left the United States and I was overwhelmed with being out of my comfort zone. But I absolutely loved my experience!

I'd say the most difficult thing for me was struggling with communication, but I learned a lot from my Spanish lessons and just from talking to my host family and my sweet kids at the orphanage! In La Ceiba, it was normal for the power to go out randomly for hours at a time, but I had some great memories hanging out with my host family on their terrace during the power outages.

For my first experience out of the country, I think it couldn't have possibly gone better. I learned so much from the people around me and I feel that the children enjoyed just simply being loved during my time there. I DEFINITELY plan on returning to Honduras soon, but I might just have to check out programs in another country. I don't think I want to volunteer with any other program, since Love Volunteers has been so helpful and gave me an incredible experience.

I think one way the program could be improved would be to have a more in-depth orientation when beginning the program, only because I personally desire knowing as much as possible so I can be as prepared as possible.
Response from Love Volunteers

Hi Sarah,
What an absolute pleasure reading about your wonderful experience volunteering in Honduras. You know it's the great attitude of people like yourself that make their volunteering placements so rewarding for themselves and the local people?
Many of our volunteers are first time travelers and volunteers and it is a massive step to go to an unfamiliar country and stay with the local people. We hope they all have your open-minded, positive attitude.
We would absolutely love to have you back on the team again anywhere in the world!
The Team @ Love Volunteers

About Love Volunteers

We are just a handful of passionate people working hard to help volunteers and local communities around the world. We don't have huge overheads - no company cars, no downtown office - we're just volunteers who thought we could do a better job. We...