View Other Details
- Pre-departure briefing
- Airport pick-up
- Welcome and orientation
- Volunteer placement or internship
- 24-hour in-country support
- UK HQ support
Spending a gap year in India is an opportunity to immerse yourself in a country with a rich cultural heritage, diverse landscapes, colourful festivals, abundant wildlife and magnificent forts and palaces.
Over the past 14 years, GapGuru has developed some strong relationships with partner organisations in India and we believe that we now offer some of the very best gap year volunteer programmes and internships in India. We currently offer programmes in India’s northern Palampur, a beautiful hill-station in the foothills of the Dhauladhar Mountains.
Below is a list of our different programs in India.
- Traveling to Teach in India: This is a 3-week summer holiday programme for qualified teachers, designed to fit into the 6-week break. Make the most of your skills and experience by adding huge value to the curriculum in an Indian school.
- Medical Intern in Palampur, India: Work in a small and friendly hospital, where you will be taught by local doctors, learn about diagnoses and patient treatment, and shown how to use the medical equipment and laboratories.
- Teach in Schools in India: In villages around Palampur you will have the opportunity to teach in local schools. Many volunteers teach English classes, but you can also get involved with the wider curriculum, such as science, art and maths, if this is where your interest lies.
- Childcare Volunteer in India: Volunteer with children from migrant families, orphaned children and those with disabilities. Work alongside local staff to provide education, physiotherapy and life skills to these children, and support their families.