Starting from
$900

Affordable Volunteer Programs in India

• Contribute towards the Indian Community that is much in need
  • Partake in volunteer opportunities in India for Individuals, Groups, Couples & Students
  • Take a tour of the Taj Mahal, offered on the final weekend of volunteering
  • Take a trip hike the Himalayan Mountain Trek
  • Visit the Golden Temple on an off day
India
2 to 12 weeks
  • Hostel

iSpiice (Integrated Social Programs in Indian Child Education) is a voluntary social organization which offers affordable Volunteer programs in India.

iSpiice also offers meaningful travel opportunities in India, including optional add on tours to world's famous sites such as Taj Mahal tour, Himalayan Trekking tour, Adventure Tour in Manali, Jaipur and a 2 day tour visiting Golden Temple in Amritsar.

VOLUNTEER WORK: Teaching Projects, After school programs and Summer camps, Women's Empowerment, Childcare Projects, Renovation of local institutions.

SCHEDULE: Programs run from 10:30am to 4:30pm on Monday - Friday. You'll have breaks throughout the day for meals and relaxation.

INCLUDED: Meet & Greet at New Delhi Airport, one night stay at the Hotel in Delhi, Transfer by bus or train from Delhi to Dharamsala, Meals, Accommodation at the iSpiice volunteer house, Daily private car transfers (to and from work placements) by iSpiice’s drivers, Program supplies.

NOT INCLUDED: International / Domestic Flights, Add On Tours such as Taj Mahal, Himalayan Trekking, Jaipur + Taj Mahal, Golden Temple and Manali Adventure Trip.

Price Calculator

Start Dates

Every Sunday, throughout the year.

Lindsay
Stouffville, Ontario

Best 3 Months of My Life

I have nothing negative to say about my time spent with iSPiiCE. The staff, the work, the food, the location, the tours, the locals, and the other volunteers all exceeded any expectations I could have ever had. The best part of the entire experience are the people you will meet through your work. Whether that be in the slums, daycare, or a class you teach, they will change your life! I cannot recommend this program enough.

Anna
Bernadette

India at its best!

I can honestly say I have never felt more cared for in my life than in my time at iSpiice. The staff have exactly the right balance between what a Western tourist needs, and immersing them in Indian culture so they feel absolutely at home and not like a tourist at all. I felt safe and comfortable at all times in a country so different to anything I had experienced before. The kindness of Indian people has to be experienced to be believed, those at iSpiice in particular. I came away with a new sense of how good people can be, as well as a tummy stuffed full of the best food I’ve eaten (and pounds lighter, could there be a better place??) How to have the best of all possible worlds, travelling while feeling at home, the most wonderful scenery with plenty of time to see it around worthwhile work that benefits a community unlike any other you’re likely to have experienced, and shopping until you drop. I would go back tomorrow if I were able to do so, and stay longer this time to experience more of the seasons.

Kate
West Windsor, New Jersey

Couldn't ask for a better way to spend my time in India

I'm 100% sure that I'm returning within the next year. I've never loved living somewhere more than northern India. I felt truly happy and thanks to the staff, I was comfortable and safe. I honestly can't stress how amazing this experience was enough. There aren't enough words to describe how perfect it was. If I could get on the plane right now and go back, I would (and I literally got home two days ago).

A washing machine would've been great, but hey, now I know how to hand wash my clothes! it all worked out in the end.

David
Launceston
University of Tasmania

5 Wonderful Weeks :)

I had an incredible experience ISPiiCE! They went above and beyond to meet your every volunteer and personal goals/wishes. Varun even assisted with onward travel plans, and was very personable and inspiring in all that he has done to get the company to where it is now. One example of how selfless Ravi and Vineet, 2 other staff members are, was the multiple times they would offer to cook more rice. I quickly learned that eating everything meant you were still hungry and so they would just keep cooking it and Serving it up. It was so funny, one of the first nights, it took a 3rd refill for me to realise to stop eating it until empty. They just want to please you, therefore you are so well looked after!

The teaching and childcare I was involved in was amazing, and the staff helped with translating. I can't recommend the experience more; it's a must do for anyone. Whether you are a seasoned volunteer, a newbie, retired etc, ISPiiCE are so flexible in meeting your goals and supporting you as needed without you feeling pressured! Amazing! :)

Petro
Krugersdorp

Go on an adventure of a lifetime

I have a question: How do you make the world a better place? Part of my answer I found in India. “The way to Happiness: keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry. Live simply, expect little, give much. Scatter sunshine, forget yourself, and think of others.” ~ Norman Vincent Peale With the opportunity provided by iSpiice to live and work in the community – with and for the community. I was truly blessed to have shared in the people and children of Dharamsala’s lives. I am blessed to have shared some skills, knowledge and experience and to share part of their lives with my heart and soul.
In the process I met some really fabulous people, I stepped in ancient places and had some deep spiritual experiences. Mostly I learned from the people who so deeply touched me: Life is really simple!
My sincere gratitude to Varun, Vineet and Ravi – for everything. May you be blessed with what you are doing for your community!

Really enjoyed doing the lesson plan & the lesson also was fun to do but I guess it doesn't seem like you are going to make much of a difference with just a few hours.

Nia
Grouville

“It was an awesome experience.

“It was an awesome experience. Varun (the Founder) provides patronage to local services/trades people with disabilities, provides food and support to families who are recently bereaved, and organises sponsorship of promising students to be able to continue their education. I took advantage of the Add On Tours and a highlight of my trip was the visit to the Golden Temple at Amritsar. I thoroughly recommend this organisation/volunteer placement. It has given me the confidence to travel to India again as a volunteer.”

Aoife
leixlip

Wonderful Experience

“India at its best. Set in a beautiful rural part of Northern India the opportunity to spend time with families and assist with improving their education and outlook has been possibly the most fulfilling experience in our lives. iSpiice, especially Varun, should be proud of the work that they do as without their foresight and passion the opportunity to volunteer and assist would not be there. Keep up the good work!”

I will not change anything.

Michael
Philadelphia, Pa

Everyone must join the ISPIICE team

I worked with the ISPIICE team for a month in September 2016 in India. The experience of working with homeless/street youth and in the day care facilities complemented my professional skills and challenged me daily. The experience was life changing for me to assist in advancing education and social skill development for children and youth in the region ISPIICE serves. I encourage everyone to take your next vacation and sign up for this incredible experience. I would also encourage human service organizations to sponsor executive and management team building trips to complete projects for ISPIICE. Your personal mission will be enhanced and your value of resources will humble you in how you will navigate life moving forward.

The entire ISPIICE team is ultra professional, attentive and available 24/7 during your stay to assist all project members. The team housing is secure, safe and allows all team members to socialize outside of projec times. The food was very good and offerings varied.

The connections you will make with team members as well as those you will be serving through the various projects will be lifetime connections. I plan to return an assist ISPIICE in continuing its mission driven foxcus.

Gloria
Alabama

Best Volunteer Travel Opportunities

Volunteering for iSpiice was one of the best experiences I've had abroad. Having traveled to South Asia several other times, iSpiice was among the most welcoming, friendly and beautiful places I've stayed at. Located in Dharamsala, near McLeod Ganj, home to the Dalai Lama's government-in-exile, the iSpiice house is situated right in the foothills of the Himalaya.So pack your beg Now and enjoy the world best volunteering.

Penny
NYC

Want to go Again

I've volunteered here a few times now, and I must say that their mission is incredible.The staff make their best effort to not only provide volunteer opportunities but cultural opportunities as well -- like visiting the Golden Temple in Amritsar, the Taj Mahal and the many spectacular sights of Delhi. Given its proximity to the mountains, weekend treks are also a fun option when not volunteering.All the best!!!

Response from iSPiiCE

Hello Penny,

Thanks for writing a review about us, it is lovely to see that you enjoyed the program and gave us 10/10. I am not sure why you have said that you would not recommend our program, maybe it was a mistake?

Hoping to have you back in India with us.

Thanks
iSpiice Team

Carol
California

Great Job

I always wanted to go to India so when I had the opportunity to I searched for different volunteer organizations. iSpiice had the best options at a great price so I chose them. The staff are so helpful and make sure you are comfortable and happy the whole time. The weekend excursions were amazing, the food was delicious and the locals were very friendly. I recommend this organization for anyone wanting a fun, enriching experience.

Sasha
London, England

A wonderful place to be

My time in Dharamsala is one of the greatest memories I have.
The people, the scenery and the atmosphere are all amazing and gave me the experience of a lifetime. The staff at ISPiiCE made my whole time volunteering comfortable, motivational, safe and FUN!
If you want to volunteer with the community, this is the place to do it; with people who really need it and with great support for you too.

A more structural teaching scheme, so that new volunteer pick up where old ones left so the pupils English advances and they're not just doing the same thing over and over again.

Charlotte
London
Durham University

Amazing

It was such an amazing experience working in the communities and learning about the culture. It certainly encouraged me to begin a career in international development. Everybody was so helpful, friendly and the food was great! The experience was truly eye opening and i thought it was great value.

I genuinely wouldn't change a thing.

Kamal
San Francisco, California
University of Saint Thomas

Visited in 2011

I attended the University of Saint Thomas and I had the privilege of being part of a 10 person team to volunteer for iSPiiCE. The iSPiiCE team met us at the airport and made it a smooth transition from the city all the way up into the mountains. Being a volunteer teacher was one of the most remarkable experience of my life. The community, and especially the students were welcoming and always went out of their way to make it hospitable. The iSPiiCE staff did a great job of balancing the workload and taking us on adventures throughout the city. There were times we forgot that it was a temporary engagement because we were lost in the beauty of the mountains, culture, and community. I highly recommend this trip because it changed the lives of everyone one on our trip and I wish to go back soon.

Violetta
ITALY - Como

!NCREDIBLE INDIA

I have always been attracted to India, and in choosing to travel alone for one month (i had just 21 y.old) i placed myself in the capable and trustworthy hand of ISPiiCE. What i experienced was Beyond anything i could have imagined! The ISPiiCE team is exceptional. There is a magic at Ispiice that immediatly made me feel like i belonged and was at home despite being thousands of miles away from everything i've ever know befor.
The selfless, thoughtful, generous, and kind nature of the Ispiice team/staff is overwhelming. The weekends are fantastic opportunities to travel and uncover the rich and varied landscape of India. This was a fulfilling experience and a unique and rewarding opportunity to be welcomed and immersed into a community where we are truly appreciated and can make a real difference. I have gived to and gained so much from the people of Sidhbari that i wish to came back as soon as possible.
And REMEMBER...the best way to capture the deep essence of a country is to live and work with its inhabitants and immerse yourself in its cultures and traditions. For me it is inspiring and stimulating to discover and explore different societies and to have direct contact with ways of life different to my own.

Claire
Minneapolis, MN
University of Minnesota

Outstanding Organization and Experience!

I taught a computer class to a group of teenagers in the mornings, painted a daycare in the afternoons, and tutored children in English in the family's home during the evenings. The program leaders we stayed with took us to all of our lessons, prepared our meals, and gave us tours of important places in the community. I always felt safe and in good hands. Living and working with the locals was amazing. The people of India are so welcoming, generous, and kind. My heart grew 3 sizes while there and I wish I could've stayed longer!

To have stayed longer!

Ricky
Minnesota

Building Purpose

My Personal experience is pretty closely inline with everything already said below in the other reviews. It will be one of the most memorable things you do ever do. You will grow as a person, you will have a chance to make and receive positive change.

However, a major thing not many reviews touch on is how amazing the iSPiiCE family is and how dedicated they are to the volunteers they support and the community the serve. You can see their purpose in their eyes, thoughts, and most importantly plans. iSPiiCE is vastly bigger than a volunteer based cultural exchange. As the success of the program grows, the impact it has on the local community can be seen. The numbers of people who get sent secondary school and college increases, the funding to build and run an orphanage become closer to reality, the list goes on and on. And it is hard and timely work, to make a difference. iSPiiCE knows that, and they are soulfully dedicated to make sure it happens.

It has been a year since I have been at the iSPiiCE camp, but every time I see a facebook post, my heartstrings are tugged. I will find a way to make it back, and I will continue to support them in anyway I can.

Curtis
Northern Ireland
Queens University

Best experience of my life!!!

Before I went to India to volunteer with ispiice I honestly had no idea what to expect. In my opinion there were three main parts:

The volunteering, the travel and the social aspect. The volunteering itself is fantastic I can promise that you will thoroughly enjoy it. Teaching in the school and slums is something that will give you a great sense of achievement, everyday I loved it and the kids are great.

The travelling opportunities are also wonderful giving you a real idea of how big and cultured India is with trips to the taj mahal, Menali and the golden temple. Locally aswell the area is brilliant, almost every evening I would go on a walk for at least an hour as the scenery was incredible.

Socially the people that run ispiice are some of the friendliest and most accommodating people I have ever met, also you will get to meet people from all over the world. The camp is lovely I was quite surprised by how beautiful it was and it is a wonderful place to stay. Also I must mention the food, it was fantastic and there is plenty of opportunities to learn the recipes or even cook yourself.

With the volunteering you do you will feel like you are truly achieving something. I honestly believe that ispiice is the best volunteering project especially for the value for money, worth every penny I put into it!!!

I could honestly go on for hours about how wonderful ispiice is, I would say if you're considering volunteering to teach definitely go and join ispiice. I was there for a month but I would say if you can, spend longer.

Georgia
Melbourne, Australia

An experience I will never forget

I loved every second of the three weeks I spent at iSPiiCE. The program is so well organised with plenty of choices and oppurtunities to volunteer and make a difference. The hospitality and warmth the team brings to the program adds an even more enjoyable experience.

A highlight during my stay, was the opportunity I had to work with the children in the slums. Each day they greeted us with warmth and an incredible desire to learn.

The experiences iSPiiCE have given me will be one I will never forget.

There is nothing that I would want to improve about this program, everything is done so well.

John
Dharamshala - India
University of Melbourne

Fantastic experience

Having spent 3 weeks as a volunteer with Ispiice, I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone wishing to teach abroad. The variety of volunteer workshops/programs balanced well with free time allowing me to explore and soak up the local community and culture.

I also found the Ispiice team to be extremely warm, helpful and generous with their time ensuring all needs of volunteers were met.

The absolute highlight for me was working with the children who had a burning desire to learn,

My only regret was that my teenage daughter and I could not stay longer.

John Rodgers - Please feel free to contact me on [email protected] if you would like to know more about my experience.

I really can not think of ant way to improve this program.

Claudia
Brighton, UK
University of Brighton

One of a kind charity

I cannot believe my luck in finding the wonderful ISPIICE group to volunteer with. I had the most amazing month last summer, somehow managing to experience everything from achieving learning targets with different groups of street children to visiting multiple famous and infamous stunning gems of Northern India. The support you get and the safety you feel with the ISPIICE guys exceeded all my expectations! As a volunteer you are greeted with open arms from everyone around as they are so very appreciative of all the time and effort you put in. If it isn't already obvious I 100% recommend this project to anyone who wants a indescribably unique adventure, that will throw you out of your comfort zone in the best possible direction.

Geraldine
Paris, France

Amazing experience in incredible India

My experience in India with Ispiice will remain one of the best experience of my life. Being involved all day in Indian life is the perfect way to discover such a wonderful country. You learn culture, tradition and Indian ways of life and you share it with other volunteers from all over the world. Everything is really rewarding, playing with kids, teaching at school, speaking and sharing with young womens... Ispiice staff is generous and welcoming towards volunteers and they are always free to advise and answer at any questions. Work is well organised, and you are free to propose new activites and ideas. You can choose what is the best for you, child care, women empowement, school class... Personnaly, I felt very usefull working at Ispiice, you can see your class improve their knowledge. It was my first volunteer experience abroad and my first stay in India. It can be a bit impressive, but this country and the philosophy of life of Indians are so amazing and rewarding in every way, that I recommand this experience to everyone. I came back with a new vision of life and happyness. I know that I will come back to India for sure.

I think that they don't want to give too much work to volunteer, but maybe some days, I would have perfered work than staying at home.

Cristina
Milan

Life changing experience

I have been to Ispiice in December 2012 and can surely say this experience changed my life and my perspective.
I would recommend to spend at least 3 weeks there and you will find amazing nature, new friends, incredible places to visit and most of all you will return to what is really important in life.

Katerina
Calgary, Alberta
Mount Royal University

Great volunteer experience with ISPIICE

I volunteered with ISPIICE for a month in India. It was the best volunteer experience I have had. The program is very affordable and you get to do a lot with the price you pay. The program staff are amazing and really take the time to make sure you get the full experience. The weekend excursions are a bonus and the best that any volunteer opportunity has that I have come across. I would recommend this volunteer experience to anyone who wants to help others as well as be immersed in the Indian culture.

I really do not have any bad comments to make about this program. I would not have changed anything.

Kristyn
Houston, Texas
University of St. Thomas

Change your life in India!

My three weeks with iSPiiCE were some of the most memorable of my life. I think this program is one of the most authentic ways to visit India; it's safe, has a wide variety of activities, and you will make a difference! The iSPiiCE staff are knowledgeable, helpful, and supportive. They work countless hours to make sure your experience is positive and your impact is valuable to the community. You will witness the beautiful people of India and help them learn valuable skills, such as learning basic English and technology. I still think about my trip to India daily, and strongly recommend this program to anyone interested in visiting India!

I wish more people knew about this program!

Rhona
Madrid, Spain
University College Dublin

Don't think twice..just do it!

if you are reading these reviews that means that you are already in the beautiful Himalayas and the most amazing experience awaits you! Please don't hesitate! If it's to spend time doing something worthwhile then Ispiice is your program. If it's value for money and safety then Ispiice is your program. If it's the opportunity to meet amazing people then Ispiice is your program. If it's culture and food then Ispiice is your program. And if it's a combination of all the above then believe me Ispiice is your program. I spent nearly 6 weeks and didn't want to leave. But when I did my experience continued with the chance to see even more of the wonderous India. I travelled to take up the opportunity on my own but once I was greeted in Delhi I was never on my own. My accomodation and food was like being in the Taj Mahal and the hospitality of Verun and his team is priceless. What more can I say?

More hours of participation on a daily basis. All volunteers are there to contribute.

Laura
Plymouth, England
University of Plymouth

Beautiful people, beautiful country, amazing experience

I spent two months with iSPiiCE and had the most amazing experience, and made memories that will stay with me forever. I was nervous of travelling to India alone, but the iSPiiCE team quickly put me at ease, meeting me directly from the airport. The time I spent with the charity was so varied from working with women to looking after a nursery class to teaching English, and free time to discover the beauty of the local area. The trips that iSPiiCE offers are an extra bonus, providing you the opportunity to see iconic parts of India such as the Taj Mahal, though I think the trek into the Himalayas was my favourite. I cannot speak highly enough of the program and the staff that make it what it it is, and would recommend it to anyone thinking about heading to India or carrying out charity work. I would love to return to see familiar faces in the future.

I wouldn't change anything :)

Amanda
Iowa

Amazing Experience, Hope to go back someday!

I spent two weeks with ISpiice a few years ago and it was a fantastic experience. We spent the mornings working at a daycare/preschool with young children teaching them English and other basic concepts. The teachers at the school were welcoming and so grateful for the help and the children were absolutely adorable! In the afternoon, we spent time repainting one of the preschool centers for the kids and then went and tutored older children in English and taught them geography, etc. The kids were so eager to learn even after spending all day in school and soaked up everything we had to offer. They were some of the brightest children I have ever had the privilege of working with, even though they had so little.
The staff at Ispiice were also amazing and worked really hard to make sure we were comfortable. I never felt unsafe while I was there and really enjoyed that we were able to do excursions on the weekends (hiking, Taj Mahal) all for a reasonable price. You can truly see how dedicated the staff are to their mission and that every dollar they get is truly spent on helping these kids and not wasted on useless overhead. Their passion and love for the kids that they are working with is evident. I hope to be able to go back again someday when I could visit for longer!

When I went, they didn't have the street outreach program yet which I would have loved to participate in.

Abby
St. Paul, Minnesota
University of St. Thomas

I Can't Wait to Go Back

Everyday volunteering was a new adventure. I had the opportunity to teach English and computer skills to women and children. Some days were more difficult than others, especially because of the language barrier. This, though, didn't stop students' eagerness to learn, and in turn, didn't cease my excitement to teach. The iSPiiCE staff had excellent resources for us teachers to implement into our day to day activities, which was very useful. The relationships with students and staff were not only built, but have been maintained. I left India inspired. And because of this, I can't wait to go back to reunite with the iSPiiCE family!

Susin
Des Moines, Iowa
University of Iowa

Wonderful Expereince

Two years ago I volunteered with Ispiice, and it had a profound impact on my life. Not only did I get to see a whole new part of the world, but I have the opportunity to learn about the culture and feel as though I was giving something back. The program is modest and it is clear that the funding goes directly to the community. It was nice to volunteer directly with children and families and to feel as though every day we had a chance to help. The children and their teachers and parents are so grateful and appreciative for both the time and effort put into improving the education and quality of life. The staff at Ispiice volunteer along side you and really make you feel welcome! It was a fantastic experience.

I wish I had gone for a longer period of time.

The Go Overseas Guarantee

•   Secure payments
  •   Easy, direct messages
  •   Network of travelers
  •   Verified reviews

About the Provider

iSPiiCE (Integrated Social Program in Indian Child Education) is a voluntary social organisation that builds partnerships between International volunteers and rural Indian communities. With 80% of India’s population living in rural areas an iSPiiCE volunteer program takes you to the very heart of India, giving