iSpiice (Integrated Social Programs in Indian Child Education) is a voluntary social organization which offers affordable Volunteer programs in India.
iSpiice also offers meaningful travel opportunities in India, including optional add-on tours to world's famous sites such as Taj Mahal tour, Himalayan Trekking tour, Adventure Tour in Manali, Jaipur and a 2-day tour visiting Golden Temple in Amritsar.
- Contribute towards the Indian Community that is much in need
- Partake in volunteer opportunities in India for Individuals, Groups, Couples & Students
- Take a tour of the Taj Mahal, offered on the final weekend of volunteering
- Take a trip hike the Himalayan Mountain Trek
- Visit the Golden Temple on an off day
What to Expect
Volunteer work includes teaching projects, after school programs and summer camps, women's empowerment, childcare projects, and renovation of local institutions. Volunteers typically work on their two preferred programs each day, from 10:30 am to 4:30 pm on Monday - Friday.
You'll have breaks throughout the day for meals and relaxation. iSpiice volunteers will have weekends free and can participate in add-on tours.
During the week, a typical day will follow this schedule:
7:30 am: Wake up and enjoy a chai
7:45 am: Yoga class (60 minutes)
9:00 am: Breakfast and work preparation
10:30 am: Program 1 (2 hours)
12:45 pm: Break for lunch and work preparation
2:00 pm: Program 2 (2 hours)
4:30 pm: Afternoon chai and work preparation
7:00 pm: Dinner
7:30 pm: Relax, go shopping, prepare for tomorrow's programs
- Meet and greet at New Delhi Airport
- One night stay at hotel in Delhi
- Bus or train transfer from Delhi to Dharamsala
- Accommodation at the iSpiice volunteer house
- Daily private car transfers (to and from work placements)
- Program supplies
What's Not Included
- International and domestic flights
- Add-on tours such as Taj Mahal, Himalayan Trekking, Jaipur + Taj Mahal, Golden Temple and Manali Adventure Trip.
Housing & Meals
iSpiice Volunteer House and Programs are situated in the villages of Dharamsala, Himachal Pradesh. This location is known the world over as a tourist destination. It is known for the magnificent scenes, beautiful climate, snow capped Himalayan mountains and tea gardens surrounding the area and being home to the Dalai Lama – he gives public teachings at his temple in McLeod Ganj throughout the year.
Accommodation is large house in rural Dharamsala. The house is comfortable and the location is beautiful with access to all local amenities. Accommodation is very communal – food is eaten together and bathrooms and living spaces are shared. The number of people you will share with depends entirely on the number of volunteers we have in the house, but the maximum number of people in a room is 4. And in case you were wondering we have western toilets and hot water.
We have fabulous cook that make authentic home style Indian food for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day (all of which are included in your Placement Fees). We mainly serve vegetarian food (lentils, vegetable curries, eggs, rice, and Indian breads) but can cater to any dietary requirements if you give us some warning. Our volunteers miss the iSpiice food when they’re back in their home countries.