Women's Education & Gender Equality Projects in India

Women's Education & Gender Equality Projects in India

Thrive Seed is an education and development organisation working with women and children in Northern India. Wahoe pays special attention to women's education with an overall aim of curbing gender inequality. We have many programs and projects including two schools for disadvantaged women & youth living in Baljeet Nagar.

If you would like to volunteer with us then please visit our website. Volunteers would be required to chip in $10aud per day if they require accommodation during their stay.

Asia » India » Delhi
Asia » India
1 Year+
Volunteers would be required to chip-in $10aud per day if they require accommodation during their stay. Volunteers stay in a room at our main school and cooking facilities are available.

Solo female volunteers have the option of staying at our coordinator Sonu's family home.

CClaudia
Perth, Western Australia

Amazing Siri Village

We had an absolutely fantastic time in Siri village, it was well worth the insane bus trip and hour walk up hill! The children were really fun and hopefully they can remember some of the words and songs we taught them. Mehars family were so welcoming and it was like nothing else we've ever done. And of course, we never got sick of the view. Thanks so much for facilitating it all, we even got to experience snow in shimla yesterday.

Julieta
Argentina

Planning my next trip!

My Wahoe experience was my first one in terms of visiting Asia, as well as volunteering in a foreing country. It was a cultural shock of course, but as everyone says "with India you love it or hate it", I ended up loving it. The whole community makes you feel at home. I came back to Argentina in peace, inspired, and having a second family: and Indian one. Starting from Sonu and her so caring family up to the kids I taught English to, everyone left in me a life lesson. They are all excellent people with incredible values.

I am now planning my second trip to Wahoe Commune!

Hope
California

Incredible!

I was blessed to intern at Wahoe for 4 incredible months. During that time I lived with a local host family nearby and walked to the school every day for afternoon class. The students’ enthusiasm for learning was so striking and it gave me renewed energy each day. Although it was my job to teach them, they ended up teaching me just as much. Every child, every teacher was an inspiration. Time was my friend, and the longer I was there, the more that the culture was revealed to me and the more I felt integrated at Wahoe. I don’t regret a second of it!

Nothing

David
Australia

So good I cam here twice

I have nothing but positive things to say about Wahoe. I first came here as a volunteer back in 2010, at the time there were 40 students we would teach English to in the afternoons, it was a very rewarding experience at the time. I had always planned to make a return to Delhi, and visit the children once more. Now I have had the chance to do so. Now there are so many amazing programs here, the Siri village experience was simply amazing and my personal favorite. Our days were spent helping out on the farm, preparing the daily meals that were cooked on the traditional stove, and teaching English to the local children. Amazing experience. I'm sure I will be back a third time in the not too distant future.

I think the volunteer accommodation in Delhi could use a little improvement, but the Wahoe team mentioned they were moving into a volunteer apartment in the not too distant future. Apart from that, there were no real complaints.

Based in Perth, Western Australia, and operating in Southern Asia, Thrive Seed is a non profit initiative. We aim to establish and maintain caring and nurturing learning environments where children from less fortunate backgrounds are given the opportunity to learn and develop essential skills and