Conservation & Community Work in Pejeng Village, Bali

Our main goal in Pejeng is to engage with the local community to protect the wildlife and their habitat, as well as support organic farming and develop sustainable tourism that will benefit the local population. We are in need of a diversity of volunteer profiles, from lending a hand in the organic farms and gardens to wildlife monitoring or teaching English to the local people.
We have a bird breeding station for Bali Starling and other birds.

• Conservation Work.
  • Organic Farming.
  • Teaching English.
  • Bird Breeding.
  • Community Development.

Impact

We are trying to encourage local farmers to return to organic farming instead of a chemical one by sending volunteers that are given as an example of how it could be done. Community development is necessary, but it is important to protect the environment at the same time, so our mission is to develop the local community of Pejeng Village, Bali in an environmentally friendly manner.

Dinka

Amazing Adventure

I loved doing this volunteering program. I was traveling alone and I never felt unsafe which is extremely important when one is traveling alone. They made sure that I felt welcomed and they guided me throughout my trip. I had a lot of fun and would definitely recommend it to anyone who is willing to give back to the community while still discovering Bali. I woke up in the morning with the sounds of nature and then I went to the farm. I spent my mornings gardening and helping around the farm which is truly relaxing. Then I had my free time which I spent exploring Ubud- a truly mesmerizing city. In the afternoons, I went back to the farm and I taught the local children English. It felt so rewarding when they remembered something that I taught them. They were very eager to learn and that touched my heart. All in all, I had a wonderful time and would definitely go again.

This program can be improved if more people would know about the work that is done by this organization, also if more people decided to volunteer their time.

About Friends of the National Parks Foundation

Friends of the National Parks Foundation (FNPF) is an Indonesian conservation nonprofit organization working to protect wildlife and their habitat, at the same time as supporting local communities. FNPF runs projects in Bali, Nusa Penida and...