Steeped in history, present-day Galway combines its rich cultural heritage with a young and innovative population. Traditional Irish and contemporary local music, fascinating history and art museums, and dozens of annual festivals are just a few of the things to look forward to discovering in this university town.
ISA Service-Learning provides eager learners the opportunity to learn first-hand about social issues that communities around the world face. Our programs in Galway, Ireland, provide opportunities for both individuals and groups in a wide variety of service fields. Throughout your program, you will create a service-learning portfolio, which is a compilation of reflection-based assignments aimed at adding depth to your experiences.
Each of our service-learning community-based organizations is unique, so visit the ISA Service-Learning website to learn more about your options in Galway.
- Receive personalized advising on service opportunities and program options that are the best fit for you. You will receive confirmation of the community-based organization you have been matched with before departure.
- Begin your transition to daily life in your new country and culture on the Bridging Cultures Program, our in-country orientation.
- Benefit from the ISA office, enjoy the company of your fellow service-learning participants and ISA students, and use the Wi-Fi Internet provided at the ISA office.
- Have the opportunity to earn academic credit.
- Demonstrate the professional, cultural, and personal competencies you acquired while on the program through reflection-based assignments and activities that make up the ISA Service-Learning Portfolio.
ISA Scholarships and Financial Aid
ISA is committed to increasing all students’ access to study abroad’s many benefits. We don't let financial hardships to get in the way of a life changing educational experience.