- Receive personalized advising on service opportunities and program options that are the best fit for you. You will receive confirmation of the community-based organization you have been matched with before departure.
- Begin your transition to daily life in your new country and culture on the Bridging Cultures Program, our in-country orientation.
- Benefit from the ISA office, enjoy the company of your fellow service-learning participants and ISA students, and use the Wi-Fi Internet provided at the ISA office.
- Have the opportunity to earn academic credit.
- Demonstrate the professional, cultural, and personal competencies you acquired while on the program through reflection-based assignments and activities that make up the ISA Service-Learning Portfolio.
ISA Service-Learning provides eager learners the opportunity to learn first-hand about social issues that communities around the world face. Our programs in Galway, Ireland, provide opportunities for both individuals and groups in a wide variety of service fields. Throughout your program, you will create a service-learning portfolio, which is a compilation of reflection-based assignments aimed at adding depth to your experiences.
Each of our service-learning community-based organizations is unique, so visit the ISA Service-Learning website to learn more about your options in Galway.
Steeped in history, present day Galway combines its rich cultural heritage with a young and innovative population. Traditional Irish and contemporary local music, fascinating history and art museums, and dozens of annual festivals are just a few of the things to look forward to discovering in this university town.
View Program Information
• Comprehensive advising and support
• Visa support
• Bridging Cultures Program, the on-site cultural and academic orientation
• Meals and laundry service
• Guaranteed placement with community based organization
• Full-time resident staff with a maximum 20:1 student to staff ratio
• On-site ISA office, computer and internet access (WiFi)
• Airport reception
• Cultural activities
• Medical insurance
• 24-hour emergency assistance
• On-site transportation stipend
• Project materials stipend
• Donation to host organization
• ISA Service-Learning Portfolio
• One year digital subscription to The New York Times
This program has not been reviewed yet.