Jamaica is a diverse destination that is perfect for travelers and volunteers. The island is known for its mesmerizing beaches, legendary music, delicious cuisine, and unique language. It’s also home to some of the friendliest people in the world. The moment you land in Jamaica, you’ll witness its diverse culture and beauty first-hand.
But Jamaica, like many other countries, struggles with poverty, unemployment, access to quality education, and healthcare. And so, volunteering in Jamaica offers the experience of a lifetime. With or projects in Childcare, Teaching, Sports Coaching, Environmental Conservation, Community Development, Women Empowerment, Agriculture, or Medicine and Healthcare, you make a difference where it really matters. And, you’ll do it all while savoring a new and refreshing way of life.
Volunteer in Jamaica today and help save the world.
- Gain invaluable life experiences when you volunteer in Jamaica and adapt to a new culture.
- Indulge in an authentic Jamaican experience as you work with local people and communities.
- Are you looking for sports coaching volunteer abroad opportunities? If your passion is coaching, then Jamaica is the place for you.
- If you have a passion for women empowerment, human rights, and gender studies, then volunteering in Jamaica will provide opportunities to be a part of such global movements.
- A drive through many Jamaican communities will show poor roads, dilapidated buildings, and peeling walls in need of re-painting. These problems offer great opportunities for the volunteer looking for international development work in communities.
Make a difference in the lives of children living in Jamaica when you volunteer in underserved communities, kindergarten schools, children’s homes, and childcare centers. Help relieve overworked staff and enjoy one on one interactions with friendly children who rarely get the personal attention they need. You’ll even have the option to work with children with special needs like autism, learning challenges, or any physical disabilities.
Work with children in understaffed, overcrowded, and under-resourced public schools in Jamaica. Gain invaluable life experiences as you work alongside teachers to overcome challenges and provide personalized help to children who need the extra help as you engage in a cultural exchange like no other.
This project is closed for exams, Christmas break in December, Easter break in April, and the summer months in July & August.
When you volunteer as a medical and health care intern in Jamaica, there are many ways you can make an impact in the country. Many Jamaicans depend on public hospitals, clinics, and health centers for health care. As a result, the health care systems are overburdened and under-resourced. As a volunteer, you’ll help to relieve some of the pressures of this system as you assist over-worked staff in providing essential services to citizens who need it.
Jamaica is known worldwide for sports, particularly Track and Field. With champion athletes like Usain Bolt, the world’s fastest man, and swim star Alia Atkinson, sports is a significant part of our culture. Many youths see it as a gateway to a brighter future, a way to rise above poverty. When you volunteer in Jamaica, you’ll coach and mentor many of these children who are eager to become the next sports star.
Volunteer in Jamaica and impact the lives of locals when you help to rebuild underserved communities. Jamaica has many poor roads and untended buildings and so as a volunteer, you’ll play your part in the wider goal of repairing and building a better Jamaica for all citizens.