Gap year and summer programs - with a difference!
We are taking applications now for our programs starting in 2019.
If you like the idea of living beside the Indian Ocean but doing more than that (getting involved with the local community, helping the children, playing sports etc), then this is the program for you!
Find yourself challenged in ways you won't expect. Be inspired by the people you meet.
Learn more than you can imagine.
All our programs are divided into three parts – orientation, cultural immersion placement and independent travel.
- Orientation - a chance to settle in, get to know your group and make sure you're fully prepared for all aspects of your placement.
- Immersion - you live and work with others in your group in our partner community at the coastal location of Msambweni, sharing your skills. Key to the experience is the high level of independence we offer. We're always available, but we stand back and let you make the most of the experience.
- Independent Travel - the final month of the program is free for you to explore the fascinating sights of Kenya and even further afield. We're still here to support you whenever you need!
- The Kenyan coast
- Live and work in the community
- Visit elephant orphanage and giraffe sanctuary