View Other Details
In Kenya’s native Swahili, the word ‘safari’ translates to ‘journey’ and this land - which inspired some of Ernest Hemingway’s greatest classics - is Africa’s quintessential safari destination. However, there’s more to see here than just the beautiful scenery – the country is rich in diverse cultures, sumptuous cuisine, as well as modern cities and bustling marketplaces. Kenya’s culture of respect will mark your trip.
Whether you join us in the wild plains of the world-famous Masai Mara National Reserve, or in the rolling hills of Limuru, you can pursue your passion for conservation, big cats, education or healthcare.
- Incredible encounters with some of Africa’s most iconic animals
- Staying at the Naboisho Conservancy is a high-impact, once-in-a-lifetime wildlife experience.
- Engage your senses and learn about Limuru’s unique history in the tea trade.
- Offer medical support and assistance to nurses and doctors at local clinics, hospitals, and healthcare centers
- Assist with community home based care to provide care to people with limited resources and access to healthcare
Our Big Cat Wildlife Research and Conservation project aims to preserve healthy populations of Africa’s big cats and other wildlife native to the Greater Mara Area by supporting community-run conservation initiatives. Embarking on daily game drives into the heart of the Naboisho Conservancy, volunteers on these exciting projects will spend their days collecting vital data on the health, populations, and behaviour of wildlife in the area – with a primary focus on lions, leopards, and cheetahs.
Our Kenyan medical volunteer programs place volunteers into various clinical environments to assist local staff and expand the reach of care in disadvantaged communities. Volunteers work alongside trained healthcare professionals, creating a rewarding experience to develop clinical skills, learn about global health, and support locals struggling with medical ailments. These high-impact healthcare volunteer opportunities in Kenya are an incredible opportunity to be immersed in a local community and truly, transform lives.