Joining an expedition in Kenya is a perfect way to immerse yourself in the culture of the Kenyan people and interact closely with the local community. It'll also be an opportunity to see the big five - no trip to Africa would be complete without going on Safari!
The country's diversity and beauty offers you so much opportunity to explore and get a true taste of Africa away from the well-trodden tourist trails. You will veer off the beaten track to search out a tantalizing mixture of rare wildlife and picturesque scenery against the impressive backdrop of Nairobi, the only city in the world to have a national park within its boundaries.
Expect to live and work as part of a community, you will develop close friendships and make a real difference in the developing world.
- Enjoy wonderful views of the city of Nairobi and The Great Rift Valley while Hiking The Ngong Hills.
- Visit the Bomas of Kenya and experience a wonderful mixture of diversity and culture that make up this fascinating country.
- Journey ‘into the wild’ on a safari expedition to Nairobi National Park.
- Come face to trunk with African Elephants as you visit a nearby Orphanage and animal sanctuary.
- Get an added taste of Kenyan wildlife and culture on a guided visit to a local Giraffe Center to learn more about one of the world's most popular animals before heading to a traditional bead workshop.
In Kenya, over one million children have been orphaned because of HIV/AIDS affected families, and many more children live in extreme poverty. Girls are at particular risk of being left behind, especially those who are orphaned or vulnerable. You will be working with us to help change this story and assist the girls of today in becoming future citizens and leaders.