• Kenya

Travel Insurance Visa Wifi
Mar 15, 2022
Dec 18, 2022
0 travelers are looking at this program

Our Kenya volunteer program provides you with a unique opportunity to experience real Kenya. A mixture of volunteer work, meeting and interacting with local people and helping disadvantaged communities. Through our Kenya volunteer program, expect exotic wildlife and ethical volunteer encounters which will leave you with memories to last a lifetime. Sharing your knowledge and skills, helping under-privileged people to achieve better and bringing smiles to people in need and support makes volunteering in Kenya an intellectually rewarding experience.

Why Volunteer in Kenya?
Kenya offers a variety of opportunities in many different sectors for the passionate volunteer. Whether you already have training in a particular field or would like to gain experience, there are many projects run in Kenya that would gladly take your passion and support.

Consider your impact: Volunteering abroad can be a rewarding experience for both volunteers and local communities, and at Go Overseas, we believe all volunteers should have the resources to make informed decisions about the type of volunteer project they want to partake in. However, despite best intentions, some organizations offering placements in orphanages may unknowingly place children in danger. You can read about the potential dangers of orphanage volunteering here. Learn more about how Go Volunteer Africa is promoting ethical volunteering.

Program Highlights

• Our Kenya volunteer program is unique and of quality standards yet very affordable and we ensure an ultimate cross-cultural experience.

• 5 rating 100%
  • 4 rating 0%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
Eadgar

We had an amazing family experience as volunteers with Go Volunteer Africa in Kenya. We loved the whole experience and we miss the time with the local kids. My wife and I decided to travel with Go Volunteer Africa after reading so many positive reviews from past volunteers.

Of course we had a few reservations since this was our first time to travel abroad with our little children 5 & 9. We wanted to visit and explore Kenya but did not want to go as just tourists. While visiting, we wanted to experience the culture and give back if we could.

Go Volunteer Africa’s Paul organized everything we were looking for as a family. Cultural immersion, a chance to meet new people and make friends, a great place to stay, and affordable safari deals. This trip was worth every penny!

Herbert (the head of in-country staff) is such a wonderful guy and we promised him to leave a positive review because of the fabulous work he does. He was helpful, always a pleasure to be around and he has an amazing touch towards children.

Maddie and I cannot thank you enough for such an incredible time. Choosing to travel with you was and still is the best decision that we made last summer and we shall do it again next summer.

We highly recommend this organization for family volunteer experiences due to our personal positive experiences with them! They are local, so they know where they need the help. Our kids learned a lot about themselves and the world outside.

Pros
  • We loved and enjoyed every minute with them
  • Very affordable
  • All members of the family got involved
Cons
  • Nothing really!
Charlotte

The whole experience was brilliant for me

Kenya in general is an amazing country and my experience at orphanage and with Go Volunteer Africa was incredible. Paul my program agent is very professional and organized the trip just right from the moment I signed up.

I spent six weeks in Kenya working at the orphanage centre and enjoyed every moment of it!! I also accompanied a volunteer heading to Eldoret program site and I spent 5 days there. The activities were hands on, the wildlife during our safari was mind-boggling, the scenery was awe-inspiring and the staff were utterly fantastic.

The whole experience was brilliant for me. Simply living with the basics, cooking lunch and dinner for the children, organizing sports activities and enjoying a truly communal atmosphere was totally unique and wonderful.

I learnt so much from the endless knowledge of the staff members, and learnt even more about myself from simply going out there on my own and seeing how I coped. My favorite bit of my stay was vegetable gardens I set up with the children and my family also funded the knitting class.

I highly recommend the program in Kenya, the local team is just awesome. Thank you Go Volunteer Africa for giving me an opportunity to make a difference!

Kylie

I experienced something life-changing in Kenya

I was nervous before I came to Kenya. I am now excited to say that I experienced something life-changing in Kenya. I joined Go Volunteer Africa’s Mombasa Program and I loved every bit of my trip.

Working in the kindergarten and hospital allowed me glimpses into the education and medical systems and gave me an opportunity to learn. I learned that sometimes to be most helpful, I had to be brave and ask where I’d be most useful.

Sometimes doing the little things meant the most to those around me - like calming a crying child to allow the nurses to be able to finish pressing work, or having the patience with a child to sit and help them finish their food for the first time.

I was in the public hospital emergency room, where I was also able to see a C-section as well as a live birth. This experience was crucial to my decision to continue studying medicine. I am 20 years old and have just started the pre-med track.

In Kenya, I found incredible kindness everywhere I went. An incredible experience, and one that I will never forget. Thank you Paul and Herbert at Go Volunteer Africa for organizing my trip to Kenya.