Make a REAL difference in Laos - From just US$319!

Make a REAL difference in Laos - From just US$319!

As a Love Volunteer in Laos you will have the opportunity to break the cycle of poverty by empowering children and young adults; giving them the skills they need to open doors which would otherwise be inaccessible.

Volunteers are needed to bridge the gaps in the education system in Laos through English conversation and educational games given in various centers including a Library, Disabled center, Buddhist Monastery and School.

Accommodation on this program is in a family run guesthouse in central Luang Prabang. Rooms are comfortable and equipped with fans and each has an en-suite bathroom with hot water and western style toilets. A simple kitchen is open to volunteers and there is also the option to order delicious meals prepared by the hosts. The guest house is a ten-minute walk away from shops, restaurants, bars and internet cafes.

This is a wonderful project to be a part of, set in a stunning location. Become a Love Volunteers and join us in Laos!

Asia » Laos
Year Round
Guesthouse
Love Volunteers registration fee, plus program fees starting at just US$319 for one week.
Program fees cover airport pickup, orientation, accommodation and in-country support.
The Love Volunteers registration fee covers any placements undertaken in a twelve month period.
Luang Prabang

Kerry

Teaching English in Luang Prabang, Laos

I chose to volunteer with Love Volunteers & English Club Laos's Education Program teaching English in Luang Prabang, Laos for a few reasons. I wanted to meet the children of Laos and help them obtain a universal tool that could help them reach further in their lives. I also felt that it would be a great fit for me because I am currently studying in the field of Education. I wanted to experience a rich culture far from my own and make a difference there. I got all of that and more out of my experience and impact while volunteering. Did I mention that this was my 1st time teaching and my 1st time volunteering? I have to say that it couldn’t have been a better 1st-time experience! The smiles on the students faces when they learned new words, meanings, and pronunciations from our classes were amazing. The energy they displayed and the connection I was able to make with them touched my heart and confirmed that I had chosen the right volunteer program. I felt like part of the ECL’s family immediately. Somsouk and everyone at ECL was so incredibly supportive, great partners in the classroom, and helped me obtain some teaching skills to take back home! When my time was up in Luang Prabang, the hardest thing was saying goodbye to all of my students...and I quickly started thinking of when I would be able to come back and see them! I also was sad to leave the delicious Laotian food, beautiful scenery and people...I never passed a frowning face on the street during my time there. Shortly after returning home in Chicago, IL, I was hired as an educator at The Ogden International School of Chicago and I think my time teaching with ECL had a hand in that achievement. I can not wait to go back to Luang Prabang!

This program can be improved with more volunteers :-)

Kaye
Kilsyth

Laos program is great!

This was a great program. Love Volunteers were in contact regularly in the lead up to the trip (when I did feel a little trepidation!) and then the team on the ground were so very supportive and welcoming. Somsouk (the coordinator) and Kui (his assistant) spent time with me apart from the teaching component and I was able to really experience some of the culture with them. I found the Lao people to be generous and sincere, and a pleasure to be with.
The teaching was varied, I worked in 3 different settings (Library, Temple and 'night school') which allowed me to meet a variety of students. They are so keen to learn english, so focused and interested - no behaviour issues here! Even so they were just still normal, funny children and teenagers and we shared many laughs.
It really was a very interesting place to be, beautiful countryside and beautiful people! I saw a very different world to the one I'm used to and that gave me much food for thought!
I'd really recommend this program to anyone.

Response from Love Volunteers

Hi Kaye,
Thanks so much for taking the time to post this review of our English Teaching program in Luang Prabang.
We love hearing volunteers praise our local teams who work so hard to run the programs and care for our volunteers. It can be daunting to go into the unknown but it's immensely worth it as you discovered :-)
All the very best for your future adventures and thanks again for being an awesome Love Volunteer.

We are just a handful of passionate people working hard to help volunteers and local communities around the world. We don't have huge overheads - no company cars, no downtown office - we're just volunteers who thought we could do a better job. We work