Volunteer with elephants that have been rescued from the gruelling logging industry, helping to give them a life as close to the wild as possible. Work alongside these gentle giants, providing them with care, enrichments and a happy home.
The centre is based next to a huge lake, surrounded by rainforest and mountains. 7 elephants are currently in permanent residence at the centre, although many others pass through for hospital treatment or to give birth in the elephant nursery.
Over your first 3 days you will partake in a comprehensive introduction to life at the centre. This includes meeting the amazing elephants, learning about the hospital and nursery and getting to grips with monitoring. A particular highlight is seeing the elephants bathe and enjoying their freedom.
Once your induction is complete, volunteer tasks may include creating enrichments, basic maintenance, monitoring and assisting the biologists.
- See elephants every day, and help with their care.
- Live in a stunning rural location in beautiful Laos.
- Get to know the elephants and their stories personally.
- Make a genuine contribution to elephant conservation and welfare.
- Try delicous Laos cuisine - yum!
Volunteers have helped to release elephants to the wild and to rescue elephants from cruel captivity.