View Other Details
The LCTW is the first and only wildlife rescue, conservation, and education centre in Lao PDR. Lao PDR is sadly a hotspot for the illegal wildlife trade in South East Asia, due to this and the scale of our project, all volunteers at LCTW make a direct impact to the wildlife here in Laos.
We currently care for a huge variety of species numbering just under 500 animals such as macaques, gibbons, crocodiles, slow loris, bears, leopard cats, deer, civets, jackals, binturongs, and many others. Many of these have a high conservation value which we are actively working with.
Volunteers work in supervised teams to feed, water and clean up after our wildlife, take part in our daily enrichment schedule where they can observe natural behaviours brought on by their work, as well as building new enclosures for animals, renovating old enclosures, and general maintenance around the centre.
Check out our website for more information, or e-mail us!
- Enrich the lives of hundreds of animals while making memories to last a lifetime!
- Share your passions with like-minded volunteers and staff from around the world!
- Directly impact the illegal wildlife trade, and learn how you can help conservation efforts around the world!
- Experience Lao culture and cuisine in our local village during weekly activities!
- Expand the horizons of your career with international work experience!