Volunteer Adventure Program Lake Malawi

Volunteer Adventure Program Lake Malawi

This 6 week program offers the perfect opportunity to give back through your travels, connect with the community and have the adventure of a lifetime!

You will stay right on Lake Malawi with an incredible tropical view. You will work in the community daily and have safari adventures as well! The week day program involves 2 nights in a local Chewa homestay, learning to fish with a local guide, cooking breakfast for the village, beach clean-ups, teaching in the local schools - and if you have time for fun in the sun you can go boating and water skiing!

Safari trips to South Luangwa National Park in Zambia and Lilwande National Park in Malawi are included!

We started this program as a way to gain community support and increase the sustainable impact of our organization. We will NEVER exploit you as a volunteer. We are transparent of our costs and aren't out to profit from "volunteerism." We want you to leave instilled with passion for the people of Malawi.

Africa » Zambia
Africa » Malawi
We are extremely transparent of our costs. Your payment covers safe and clean housing on-site, all meals, transportation, park fees and safari adventures. You can find a complete costings break-down on our website. 6 weeks for $2,700 USD total.

Victoria
London

My Malawian Adventure

I went on the Funky Cichlid placement and I couldn't have loved it more - really fun and friendly staff, worthwhile projects and incredible adventures down at the lake and on safari. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a varied and rewarding adventure.

Sarah
London
University of Manchester

A great Volunteer program and adventure in one!

What a fantastic 6 weeks; such a varied experience with a good mix of local volunteering and adventure. I learnt so much about the culture and met some great friends along the way. I will not forget it and hope I can return to do something similar in Africa in the not-so distant future! One of the best balanced programs I have come across in a long time.

Jonathan
Stuttgart, Germany

My best experience ever

Working with the local communities and teaching the kids was my the best experience I ever made. All the people are so grateful for your work and you can learn for life. Although the people in Malawi are very poor they all seem to be happy and enjoying the small things. I also improved my english and found friends for life. I am sure I will come back to Africa again.

Based in Lilongwe, Malawi we are a local sustainable safari and adventure tour operator. If you are looking for an unforgettable journey off the beaten path - we can help you organize affordable adventures in Malawi, Zimbabwe, Zambia and Mozambique. We are a small team,