Volunteer with PEACE in Mexico

Volunteer with PEACE in Mexico

PEACE provides children and adults with programs and opportunities to develop the necessary skills to be successful, positive contributors to their multicultural/multilingual communities.

The program offers an after school program in eight local towns in order to provide children with a safe, fun and productive environment in which to spend their afternoons. PEACE also offers English classes to children and adults, life skills classes to adolescents, continuing education to adults, alternative education to children not enrolled in school, teacher training, sports, computer classes, camps, special education and psychology services.

North America » Mexico
Project Types
Emiliano Zapata, Corral del Risco, Higuera Blanca, San Ignacio, San Pancho, La Cruz, Bucerias and Mezcales.

Charlie
London, England

Don't think - go!

I spent six months in Latin America vounteering in several projects and countries and PEACE was absolutely one of the most impactful, best run, most harmonious I encountered.

This is a real community. You're part of it from the first day you get off the bus. The organisers are there every day, making change happen in a way that is practical, useful and most of all sustainable.

It never felt like I was working for a charity, it felt like I'd met a whole new bunch of friends and was able to lend a hand. Among the great days spent cooking lunches with the kids, teaching them to make chocolate and pumpkin cakes and hanging with the ladies, the absoulte highlight was digging over the little garden at the front of the house and planting vegetables there. When Nicole sent me an email with photos of the first lettuce and beets growing, I had tears in my eyes.

I still miss all the PEACE girls and boys every day. A lot of them are people I Facebook all the time even though I left them more than one year ago!

Go! Be part of it!

mlbrennan10
Richfield, OH
South Africa

Interning with PEACE Mexico

I was lucky to be an intern for PEACE Mexico for one month this Spring; it was a great opportunity for me both personally and professionally.

As a PEACE Intern, I was able to take part in a variety of programs. I helped out at the Casa Campesina Alternative School, assisted the vets at the animal clinic, helped raise funds and collect food for the Work for Food program, and assisted in the planning of PEACE's ArteVida fundraiser and gala.

Because of the wide ranging nature of PEACE's programs, interns can gain professional experience in a number of areas while living in the beautiful Riviera Nayarit area. I would recommend this program to anyone!

Dr
Phoenix, AX
Bulgarian

PEACE Mexico is awesome!

My family & I have been involved in their efforts in spaying & neutering dogs & cats in the Puerto Vallarta area. I volunteered at one of their make-shift spay-neuter clinics & was impressed by their work. They also help schools & domestic violence victims. A great organization!

Pedro
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Carleton University

An amazing experience in Mexico you will not forget!

To anybody thinking of volunteering in Mexico with PEACE, trust me you will enjoy it. I've been fortunate to be a returning volunteer, and every year I go back the impact PEACE has within the community continues to grow. Whatever program you choose to participate in integrates you into the community giving you the chance to share your skills and learn some too. It is. Ery rewarding.

The PEACE staff are very helpful at helping you feel at home and make sure you can find what you need.

Maybe I will meet you next winter!

Angel
Guadalajara, Mex.

An extraordinary program

Peace has a very complete program in Mexico with a lot of activities that benefit the local comunities directly, from business classes to recycling classes, from donations to PEACE boutique.

Susie
Los Angeles, CA
Sierra Leone

PEACE Mexico Offers Variety of Volunteer Opportunities

Visionary Molly Fisher created PEACE Mexico (Protection, Education, Animals, Culture, Environment) as a way to give back to the local community. Her mission, along with her helpful staff and volunteers has always been to make the world a better place. Through spay and neuter services and mobile units, alternative education for children, recycle programs, beach clean ups, school and community enhancement projects, indigenous women co-op projects, summer camps for kids and much more, PEACE Mexico offers a variety of opportunities to get involved and give back in the gorgeous coastal town of Punta de Mita in the state of Nayarit, Mexico. They offer volunteer, study, intern and teaching opportunities as well as easy ways to support their efforts. I have personally visited PEACE headquarters and toured the facility, walked their neighborhood, learned about their programs, attended fundraisers, donated to their cause and supported their efforts because I believe so strongly in what they are doing. PEACE Mexico is making a significant difference in the world, making it a better place.

PEACE works hand in hand with communities in Mexico to provide holistic education combined with community action programs that enable people to improve their quality of life as well as their financial stability.
VISION

We envision a peaceful co-existence between human beings and natural treasures,