Make a REAL difference in Morocco with Love Volunteers - From just $519!

Make a REAL difference in Morocco with Love Volunteers - From just $519!

Volunteer abroad with Love Volunteers in Morocco! Morocco is home to a unique mix of culture and history with both Arab and French influences. You are free explore Morocco during your free time on weekends and evenings. While you volunteer in Morocco you will also have the opportunity to enroll in language classes. There are many different volunteer programs available in Morocco, including teaching, childcare, women's empowerment and working with those who have disabilities.

Current Love Volunteers Programs in Morocco:

Midwifery Internship
Journalism Internship
Teaching English, French or Spanish
Childcare & Development
Women's Empowerment
Disabilities & Special Needs

Volunteers must have experience with either French or Arabic in addition to English
Volunteers are accommodated with a host-family and provided with 2 meals a day

Africa » Morocco » Rabat
Africa » Morocco
1 Year+
Arabic
Year Round
Love Volunteers registration fee, plus program fees starting at just US$519 for one week.

Program fees cover orientation, accommodation, and food (see website for specific program details).

The Love Volunteers registration fee covers any placements you undertake for twelve months from the start of your first placement. This fee is refundable if you choose not to volunteer more than three months prior to the start of your initial placement.

Loren
Monterrey
Webster University

My amazing time in Morocco

From day 1 I felt the support from the volunteer staff on the ground. They were incredibly friendly and always willing to help with whatever I needed, from booking weekends trips to shopping in the market. The volunteer house was very comfortable and the food was delicious. Without doubt, the most cherished memory from my time here was meeting other international volunteers that were similarly eager to contribute to the community. However, this experience would not have been possible without Ali and Jihane. They were always there to help me and made me feel at home.

Response from Love Volunteers

Hi Loren,
Thanks for sharing this wonderful review of our Women's Empowerment program in Rabat. It's great to hear your praise of the local team who work so hard to run the programs and care for our volunteers.
All the very best for your future endeavors and we would love to have as a Love Volunteer again soon.

Ashley
Enugu, Nigeria

Do it! You won't regret it.

I spent 4 weeks in Morocco interning at a local news agency, and I can't recommend this program and country enough. From my pre-travel questions about visas and accommodation, Love Volunteers and their partner were there the whole time. When I landed in Morocco, I met the program staff who worked tirelessly to make my stay here both safe and enjoyable. I think what differentiates the team is how interested they are in making you feel comfortable and like part of a family. I lived with students and others from the UK, Italy, Canada and so many other places in a beautiful traditional Moroccan Riad inside the medina and feasted on tasty Moroccan cuisine the whole time. The wonderful thing about the local staff is that they pride themselves on making sure that you experience the best of Morocco's diverse culture! This might be my first, but it won't be my last visit to Morocco.

Response from Love Volunteers

Dear Ashley,
Thanks so much for this fantastic review of our program and partner in Morocco.
It's always such a pleasure reading these reviews and knowing that we played a part in placing fantastic volunteers like yourself where they can do so much good.
So great to see and hear about the culture, food and peoples of Rabat from a first hand experience.
Thanks again and we hope you do manage to get back to help out again!

Chefchaouen
Lauren
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Birmingham City University

An incredible opportunity worth experiencing!

My time spent in Morocco has most certainly been magical, with so many new friends and memories that have been made.

I enrolled myself onto the Journalism internship for 4 weeks, working with Morocco World News where I was writing and editing articles on a daily basis in an office environment with other lovely volunteers. It was interesting to experience and appreciate firsthand how much work goes into a news-based area of the media.

In terms of Love Volunteers and their local partner, I have found their hospitality and support absolutely faultless - you couldn't wish for nicer people to be looking after you. They make you feel right at home and help arrange weekday and weekend trips, ensuring that you get the most out of your time whilst in Morocco. I stayed in the volunteer house which was amazing as you get to meet so many new people who quickly become your family, sharing stories over the dinner table and getting the chance to travel with them at weekends. It's a place where you make lifelong friends from all over the world.

Morocco itself is a beautiful country with an admirable culture, and the food is most definitely something worth witnessing! I traveled every weekend to places such as Chefchaouen, Marrakesh and Fes - all collectively representing the Moroccan culture but each one completely different at the same time. Rabat, where the programs are based, is also a wonderful place to explore both during the day and at night. This certainly won't be my last time visiting this incredible country.

Response from Love Volunteers

Dear Lauren,
We're so pleased to hear that you had such an amazing time in Rabat, volunteering on the Journalism Internship. It's our absolute pleasure to place volunteers where they can be of such use.
Our partner does a fantastic job and it's always wonderful to hear volunteers giving them such wonderful reviews and encouraging more volunteers to help out.
All the very best and thanks again!

Dira
Jakarta, Indonesia

A simply complete experience

I'm really glad I decided to spend 6 weeks of my summer teaching English to 3-6 year old kids with Love Volunteers in Rabat, Morocco. You know the feeling when you have an amazing experience that you don't want to trade anything for it? That is how I feel. First, I learned a lot during my volunteer because I was given a full authority to create teaching materials and activities in class. It was a fun challenge for me to build an interesting class from limited resources they had, which finally encouraged me to be creative and innovative. Second, I was staying with a very lovely big family who is extremely kind and fun. The first day I came, me and the family plus all the family friends went to a music concert together. Third, my volunteer schedule was very manageable for me to travel during weekends. So even though I was staying in Rabat, I had a chance to explore other cities and deserts as well. And last but not least, Morocco offers such an amazing culture experience worth to have! Moroccan food, art, language, people, and lifestyle are very unique and eye-opening knowledge. Oh plus, the program directors were really helpful and always make sure that the volunteers have the best time there. One day I was sick and Ali brought me to a doctor a few minutes after I called him. Lots of good things I can tell you but it was simply a complete personal growth experience for me.

Response from Love Volunteers

Hi Dira,
What a delight it is to read your review and see just how much this experience meant to you :-)
Morocco is such a fascinating place to be and we're so glad you made the most of the opportunity to explore not only the city of Rabat but other sites and cities as well.
Thank-you so much for sharing this insightful review with other potential volunteers. I'm sure it will inspire them to give of their time - and gain so much back as you have done!
All the very best for the future and we would love to have you on the team again anytime!

Peter

my morocco experience

my experience in morocco, was a unique and one i would always cherish for years to come. having volunteered for a good part of my life, i have come to have certain expectations about a place, however i was in for a shock.

volunteering in morocco offered a chance to engaged with a different people and a different culture. although i struggled to adjust at the beginning, the program managers Ali and jihan were of great assistance, helping me with even the simplest of things such as were to have lunch. never have i come across such wonderful people who are keen to know more about you and were you are from.

the morocco volunteering, for me at least was set in a way that i could learn, offer experiences while allowing me to engage on an adventure of a lifetime

i would strongly recommend morocco as anyone's next destination for volunteer work.

Response from Love Volunteers

Hi Peter,
It's wonderful to hear you give credit to the local team in Rabat who work so hard to run these amazing programs and care for our volunteers. We are so pleased they made you feel comfortable and enabled you to give so much back to the children. The photos tell the story of the children's joy.
It's been our pleasure to play a small part in your "adventure of a lifetime" and you are welcome to join us again anytime :-)

Elizabeth
Vancouver, Canada
University of Calgary

Great great great!

I spent three weeks volunteering in a school in Rabat. I had an absolutely amazing experience. I was in a classroom with 10 or so 12 year old girl and in three weeks I have able to see their English improve so much. I would highly recommend this program to everyone. Ali and Jihane were so helpful for the duration of my stay in Rabat from everything to tours of the area to just hanging out together. All in all it was a great experience and I will be telling my friends about it.

More of a social scene

Response from Love Volunteers

Hi Elizabeth,
What a pleasure it is to be a small part of helping volunteers like yourself contribute in such a meaningful way to the lives of those less fortunate. Isn't it just fantastic to see the real difference you are making to these girls lives?
Thanks for being such a fabulous volunteer. We'd love to have you on the team again sometime.
Love Volunteers

Cynthia
Toronto

Awesome Experiece for New Travellers

It was overall a good experience.Everything came together and was an excellent learning experience. It was challenging, but I wasn't looking for anythinv easy.

I recommend for someone who is brave and looking for a challenge. I learned a lot about myself and the county.

This trip wasn't about partying, but it was about learning.And I had a lot of flexibility with my plans. The coordinators were encouraging and made sure I enjoyed my experience.

I would have liked there to be more communication between myswlf and the coordinators, particularly Love Volunteers. I often had to waits days for a response. But, having said that, when I pushed for a response I did get it.

Response from Love Volunteers

Hi Cynthia,
Thanks for this valuable feedback and for your willingness to be flexible and brave whilst on your placement in Morocco.
Volunteering abroad is a big deal and can be daunting and challenging....but from our own experience and the testimonials of others, it's these challenges that provide the most rewarding and life-changing of experiences.
Thanks again for your time and your energy.
We wish you all the best for the future,

Bree
Morocco (still!)
Warren Wilson College

Volunteer in Morocco!

I spent this summer teaching English at a language center in Rabat, Morocco. It was the most meaningful summer I have ever had. The students I worked with were so bright and so eager to learn. The diverse range of ages and abilities present in the classes was a challenge. However, with a little creativity and flexibility, this was easily overcome. I was given so much freedom to create and carry out lessons. I quickly learned what worked and didn’t work, and was able to develop my personal skills on top of helping out the students. I enjoyed going to work everyday, because it was fun, engaging, and meaningful. It’s such an incredible feeling to be striving and working for positive change in a community – amongst so many hardworking and inspiring people who are doing the same. And to be embraced as a member within that community in return is even more of a blessing. Through the experiences I had and the relationships that were built, I was able to learn a lot about myself and to develop new skills that will help me in the future.

The home stay was a huge component of the program. It is such a quick and powerful way to be integrated into the community. You grow attached to your family and begin to realize that this is really a home away from home. The families are incredible – so friendly and open to embracing you as a part of their family. You learn about the local culture and customs as well as receive useful tips and advice for navigating life in Morocco. And Rabat, a small but lively capital, was a great place to live. Some of the city's highlights are its beaches, parks, cybercafes, traditional restaurants and several museums.

Love Volunteers was definitely the right choice for me. The placement was perfect, the prices affordable and the experience one that I will never forget. The staff at Love Volunteers was invaluable throughout the entire process – providing resources, support, and advice. I never felt unsafe or overwhelmed; in fact I couldn’t believe just how easy it was to adjust to such a completely new experience. I absolutely recommend volunteering in Morocco. It is a beautiful and open place – and you have many volunteer options to choose from. Be sure to participate in the community, be flexible and open, put passion and patience into your work, and of course, remember to have fun, make friends, and travel!

Response from Love Volunteers

Hi Bree,
Thanks so much for providing such excellent advice to future volunteers!
We're thrilled that we were able to assist in an experience which was not only rewarding for the people of Rabat but also helped you to grow as a person.
The Team @ Love Volunteers

We are just a handful of passionate people working hard to help volunteers and local communities around the world. We don't have huge overheads - no company cars, no downtown office - we're just volunteers who thought we could do a better job. We work