Known as the "Versailles of Morocco," Meknes is home to a beautiful blend of the Arab, Berber, and French cultures that comprise modern Morocco. The diverse and distinct districts of the city, such as the bustling Ville Nouvelle, and relaxing plazas and green spaces speak true of the traditional Moroccan lifestyle.
Throughout your program, you will create a portfolio of assignments and activities, including individual reflective essays, logs of hours, weekly journals, and group discussions. Through service at a local organization and guided reflection activities, our goal is to help you gain a better understanding of the local language, culture and community.
Each service-learning placement is unique, so please visit the ISA Service-Learning website to learn more about the specific placements and program options available in Meknes. We especially recommend our Meknes program for those interested in education and youth development or women's empowerment field placements.
- Receive personalized advising on service opportunities and program options that are the best fit for you. You will receive confirmation of the community-based organization you have been matched with before departure.
- Begin your transition to daily life in your new country and culture on the Bridging Cultures Program, our in-country orientation.
- Benefit from the ISA office, located in Ville Nouvelle, just minutes away from many ISA apartments and homestays. The office provides participants with a central place to reference travel materials and other books, practice their Arabic, or simply visit w
- Have the opportunity to earn academic credit.
- Demonstrate the professional, cultural, and personal competencies you acquired while on the program through reflection-based assignments and activities that make up the ISA Service-Learning Portfolio.