As a volunteer, on the Marine Research & Whale Shark Conservation Project, you will help carry out the Marine Research and monitoring activities for the project under the guidance of our coordinating project scientists. You will join other volunteers on the project to collect the data via scuba dives, ocean safaris and beach walks off the coastline of Tofo in Mozambique. You can expect an excellent diving, snorkeling and beach experience whilst gaining first hand Marine Research skills and contributing to a worthwhile project.
Some of the activities you will get involved in may include:
● Date, GPS location, surface and underwater conditions
● Size, sex, scars/distinctive features, the behavior of the Whale Shark
● You will take an ID photograph and identify each Whale Shark & record re-sightings
- Ocean Safari – snorkel with amazing creatures such whale sharks, manta rays and dolphins.
- Contribute to conservation science that will make a difference for marine life!
- Learn how to scuba dive and get an international PADI certificate
- Exciting extras to participate in on the weekends such as the Island Kayak trip through the blue ocean waters around Inhambane, Mozambique
- Relaxing on Tofo’s spectacular palm-fringed beaches